Pymy Water Level

Author
chugbug
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 88
  • Reward points: 0
2012/03/07 10:40:18 (permalink)

Pymy Water Level

Any updates on the water level at Pymy? I've heard it has been lower than ever over the winter. I know they are probably trying to prevent the flooding that occured last Spring but we had record amounts of rain last year and I hope they aren't overcompensating.

2 Replies Related Threads

frost
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 437
    RE: Pymy Water Level 2012/03/07 12:37:16 (permalink)
    This has been talked about in the Pymy boating thread, but it was down close to 6' at one point. It has since come up some still another 3-4' to go till normal level. They were letting out extra to prevent last years flood stages which caused a lot of damage to docks and such. They are letting out minimal water now letting it raise to normal. They're calling for half in of rain tomorrow so that will rais the lake by another 2' or so.

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
    chugbug
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Pymy Water Level 2012/03/07 13:18:16 (permalink)
    Thanks Frost. Appreciate the update. Sounds like it is coming up which is good to hear. You saved me a scouting trip this weekend. Early Spring fishing is better on that lake when it is at or slightly above normal pool but we've figured em' out in past years when it was low too. Last year those flooded conditions were something for sure but we had our best spring fishing ever in terms of both numbers and size. We were fishing areas we probably will never fish again.
    Jump to: