Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet??

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 09:32:41 (permalink)

Deleted my advice.
post edited by chauncy - 2012/03/04 17:39:03
Jefff
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 174
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 10:27:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: chauncy

Jeff, you're backing your trailer in too far. Back it in and get your boards wet, then pull it up to where your boards tips are just a little out of the water.Pull your boat up on the trailer, climb over the front and stand on the part above water and winch it in. I have a truck now but when i had my caprice classic, i could slide across the trunk onto dry land. Now all i have to do is use my step bumper to get on land. Takes a few times to figure how far back to have your trailer in so you can just step out but if you wet the boards, you wont have a problem cranking the boat.
ORIGINAL: Jefff

it depends on the boat/trailer setup. I am adding guide poles to my trailer for windy days. They make such a difference.

and I always carry a set of hip waders when I take the boat out, just in case u have to get wet

Thinking back on the last 2 seasons, my boat was a 16' fiberglass and the winch wasn't the strongest. Therefore my silly method was nessessary. this year I have an 18' aluminum with a brand new winch so ill be set

Practice CPR: Catch, Photo, Release 
NeFiShNeTiMe
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 303
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 10:44:54 (permalink)
I always put trailer in until the tops of the fenders are level With the water when I am putting boat back on and I have a buddy.. If I am by myself I put the first roller about 6" under the water and drive the boat on.... Power load..that I find is the best way and I am doing it most of the time now. I never need to crank the winch more than a foot or two. And never get wet that is just silly... .. Lol I just love watching people at the boat launch its just halirous.

""THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A SMALL MOUTH ON A STIFF ROD""
jmat
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 48
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 11:18:01 (permalink)
Well after reading all this I take it there are no docks yet. I am not as good as most of you sound, or at least say you are. So it looks like I will be getting a bit wet. I have yet to figure out how to have my fishing partner park the truck and then come back to the boat to get in and not get a bit wet. Guess I better get a loading plank to walk on. Or it sounds like some of you guys have it figured out how not to have to get into the water to jump onto the boat. I have only been doing this for 15 years but man do I have a lot to learn. Perhaps after he parks the truck he can just walk over to a bridge and when I drive under it he can jump in.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5029
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 11:23:48 (permalink)
I load and unload all the time by myself and never get wet feet docks or not.

Now getting into and out of the boat with no docks can be a different story.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

NeFiShNeTiMe
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 303
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 11:36:26 (permalink)
Yea I don't understand???are you using a cuddy cabin boat?? Sounds like ya better carry plank with ya. I think that would be harder.

""THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A SMALL MOUTH ON A STIFF ROD""
frost
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 437
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 12:23:45 (permalink)
There no docks but the cement slabs the docks attach to are still there. You should be able to pull up close enough to them with the boat to get in. I have a flat bottom so I can just pull right up on shore or if by myself beach the boat while I park or retrieve the truck.

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
jmat
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 12:42:10 (permalink)
frost thanks that is what I was looking for. I have a deep V boat so its a bit tougher for me. I wish I had a flat bottom.
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 12:49:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jmat

frost thanks that is what I was looking for. I have a deep V boat so its a bit tougher for me. I wish I had a flat bottom.

post edited by chauncy - 2012/03/04 17:40:07
Handline
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 13:42:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jmat

Well after reading all this I take it there are no docks yet. I am not as good as most of you sound, or at least say you are. So it looks like I will be getting a bit wet. I have yet to figure out how to have my fishing partner park the truck and then come back to the boat to get in and not get a bit wet. Guess I better get a loading plank to walk on. Or it sounds like some of you guys have it figured out how not to have to get into the water to jump onto the boat. I have only been doing this for 15 years but man do I have a lot to learn. Perhaps after he parks the truck he can just walk over to a bridge and when I drive under it he can jump in.

Pull the boat to the land, step off of land into the boat. Pretend land is the dock. If the docks were in you would not go out on the dock, then jump in the water to climb in the boat would you?

I am not as good as most of you sound, or at least say you are.

It takes some balls to make jabs like that to the people who are giving you advise. I mean after all your the one who cant seem to climb in your boat with out getting wet.
post edited by Handline - 2012/03/04 13:48:30
Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1704
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 14:13:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Handline

Pull the boat to the land, step off of land into the boat. Pretend land is the dock. If the docks were in you would not go out on the dock, then jump in the water to climb in the boat would you?

I am not as good as most of you sound, or at least say you are.

It takes some balls to make jabs like that to the people who are giving you advise. I mean after all your the one who cant seem to climb in your boat with out getting wet.

It might help to not sound so snotty, snarky and condescending when administering said advice...

Handline
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 16:26:48 (permalink)
Bogey, Please look on page one when myself and others were giving advise that was more "polite". The advise was given before jmat made his quoted comment. It is clear myself and others are willing to give helping advise for someone that could use it, but when the person getting the advise starts getting rude why should the people helping hold back?

Is good advise, still good advise if it isnt delievered in the most delicate way? Does someone need to be nice to be helpful?

just keep a few
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 17:13:29 (permalink)
I always keep a pair of hip waders in my boat for loading. I have been doing this for over 25 years and find it easier to just put the waders on while motoring back to the ramp. I have seen people fighting the wind,slipping off the trailer tongue,getting wet feet etc. I went through a period when I power loaded until i missed the roller and gouged the bottom of my boat on the trailer. Now I guess I am a little older and wiser and quite frankly not as lazy and I just commit to putting my waders on and load my boat right the first time every time and most of all take care of my rig by not banging into my trailer. I guess when I go fishing I decide I am in no race to be the fastest guy on the ramp...I just like to do it right. I watched a guy one day trying to power load and he screwed around for what seemed like 15 minutes...finally I waded in with my waders and lined him up. He got wet feet anyway when he tried to get off the bow,the water temp was 45degrees. I have also seen guys power load with great success..to each his own.
jmat
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 19:39:55 (permalink)
Thank you for those of you who have posted with kind posts. I guess I am just a bit of an old timer. I don't even know how this whole internet thing works. I just found this web page. Actually my grandson found it for me. I have been reading it for a few months before I had the nerve to write on here. Like frost I am not a meat hunter on the lake. I don't keep anything I catch. I just enjoy the sport of fishing. I have been fishing for 55 years. During that time I have met some really good people and some real jerks. For the most part people are good. I could take the jabs that some of the jerks like to throw around though. I have owned a boat for 15 years and enjoy every moment I am on it. I am not one of those high tech fishermen with all those electronic things on the boat. As I said before I just like to be on the lake. This winter was a bit warmer than most and I, like others, have cabin fever. I live aboout 40 minutes from the lake and usually don't go up there till I know I can handle it. My first trip up is usually mid May. However I have been getting the itch to get out sooner this year like most of you I'm sure. This is the reason for my probably dumb questions about not getting wet. I am sorry to anyone who I may have offended. All I was asking is are there any launches that I would be able to handle my boat on. A small permanent dock would make it a lot easier for me and my buddy. I know lake Arthur has at least one permanent dock launch on the North shore of the lake. I guess my question was does Pymatuning have any launches with a permanent dock.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 20:04:57 (permalink)
I've been doing the same thing for 26 yrs. Easiest way going.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 20:07:48 (permalink)
Pull the boat to the land, step off of land into the boat. Pretend land is the dock.

How in the H$%# do you do that when the boat front is 1 1/2 ft above the ground??????
post edited by Litl Dude - 2012/03/04 20:10:20
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 20:09:46 (permalink)
Short Dock?

Handline
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 20:19:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Litl Dude

Pull the boat to the land, step off of land into the boat. Pretend land is the dock.

How in the H$%# do you do that when the boat front is 1 1/2 ft above the ground??????

I pick my leg up and step in... How the heck do you do it when the boat front is 1.5 ft above the water and your feet are another 1.5 ft under the water?
Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 20:43:17 (permalink)

Bogey, Please look on page one when myself and others were giving advise that was more "polite". The advise was given before jmat made his quoted comment. It is clear myself and others are willing to give helping advise for someone that could use it, but when the person getting the advise starts getting rude why should the people helping hold back?

Yeah, I was referring to the tone of your second post...such as:

I know that if there is no dock in, then there no dock to walk out on. All trailerable boats I know of come off the trailer after backing in to the water, any other way would be alot harder. HAHA

Please rephrase what you were trying to write, as it makes little sense

It just struck me as condescending...it didn't offend me as it wasn't directed at me, but it seemed as you are a new person in these forums a strange way to make friends. 

Is good advise, still good advise if it isnt delievered in the most delicate way? Does someone need to be nice to be helpful?

No...you're right.  It's definitely possible to be a helpful ****.

Handline
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 21:04:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: TastyTrout

If there's no dock in and you back the boat into the water then there's no dock to walk out on to get into the thing. If you have a boat setup where you can back your boat right off the trailer then more power to you.

I know that if there is no dock in, then there no dock to walk out on. All trailerable boats I know of come off the trailer after backing in to the water, any other way would be alot harder. HAHA

Bogey, in that post i had quoted tastytrout. Please see the above. I was making a joke about how it read, notice the haha at the end. a joke. Then i asked please to rephrase his post so i can understand it. I did not say it to be condescending, i truely dont know what he was trying to say, and no one else spoke up to explain it. So i thought i would make a joke then ask for an explaination.

If i am viewed as a helpful ****, i am ok with that

Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 21:34:32 (permalink)

I did not say it to be condescending, i truely dont know what he was trying to say, and no one else spoke up to explain it. So i thought i would make a joke then ask for an explaination.

Fair enough.  No harm, no foul.
TastyTrout
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 732
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/04 21:40:16 (permalink)

If there's no dock in and you back the boat into the water then there's no dock to walk out on to get into the thing. If you have a boat setup where you can back your boat right off the trailer then more power to you.

Bogey, in that post i had quoted tastytrout. Please see the above. I was making a joke about how it read, notice the haha at the end. a joke. Then i asked please to rephrase his post so i can understand it. I did not say it to be condescending, i truely dont know what he was trying to say, and no one else spoke up to explain it. So i thought i would make a joke then ask for an explaination.

Maybe you had trouble reading it because it was in proper English. I refuse to dumb it down for you by misspelling things and making my "i's" small. I'm not one to rag on people's grammar on an Internet forum but if you're going to get on my post then please expect me to do just that.

For others let me explain my post. We have a 16 ft fiberglass VERY deep v. People have commented at the docks just how deep our boat is. It's an old boat with nothing more on it than a motor. With that being said backing it off the trailer isn't an option. Someone must be on the dock holding a rope so that when you hit the brakes (as you put in your original post) that person can pull the boat to the dock. The boats simply too deep and too heavy to bring up right on the cement. If it were aluminum or a flat bottom boat then sure that would be possible.

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
Jimmy D Moore

anatikus
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 286
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 00:10:07 (permalink)
ummmm.....so hows the fishing been? ......and im gonna have a t-shirt printed that says Helpful **** ...hope you dont mind...its too funny to pass up.
post edited by anatikus - 2012/03/05 00:12:09

fish heads fish heads rolly polly fish heads
Handline
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 05:56:22 (permalink)

Maybe you had trouble reading it because it was in proper English. I refuse to dumb it down for you by misspelling things and making my "i's" small. I'm not one to rag on people's grammar on an Internet forum but if you're going to get on my post then please expect me to do just that.

For others let me explain my post. We have a 16 ft fiberglass VERY deep v. People have commented at the docks just how deep our boat is. It's an old boat with nothing more on it than a motor. With that being said backing it off the trailer isn't an option. Someone must be on the dock holding a rope so that when you hit the brakes (as you put in your original post) that person can pull the boat to the dock. The boats simply too deep and too heavy to bring up right on the cement. If it were aluminum or a flat bottom boat then sure that would be possible.

TastyTrout, A person cracks a joke about your post saying it is hard to understand with the way you wrote it, then explains to the world it was a joke.

Then your very next post you come out of the gates swinging. I made no personal attack on to you. You felt is was best to attack my intelligence, very classy i must say.

I really wish you would have misspelled everything and used "I" in lower case. That was my main hang up in your original post, i just couldnt get over that single letter, as my reading skills just cant process that... Oh wait you never used "i" in that post. Maybe before you make a cut at someone you should referance back to see if you actually used the item you said you should have changed. Very smooth. BTW it wasnt the spelling that made it difficult to understand it was the way the words were arranged (seeing no one else stepped in to explain, it must have been written perfectly).

Good thing your not one to "rag on peoples grammer" I was worried someone might just do that. Asking for someone to rephase what they wrote isnt "ragging" on anything. But still none the less in your eyes it was a noble and justifiable to unleash the grammer police when someone asks to a rephase to a sentence. Very honorable in defending your post from the people who ask questions trying to understand what you wrote.

Just between me and you, i didnt read the secound half of your last post... well a little, just the first sentence. But only to the part explaining that it was for everyone else, excluding me (i hope thats ok). You are a very crafty young fella, I will have to keep my eye on you.

Anatikus, by all means get some shirts made. When you get them post a photo or two I would buy one off of ya.
post edited by Handline - 2012/03/05 08:00:03
just keep a few
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 07:04:17 (permalink)
Who has time to argue on a fishing forum? Is this even real? Is this whats important to people who live in a country where unemployment is 8%,constitutional rights are being trampled,taxes and spending are out of control,Iran is getting close to nuclear weopons,Vladimir Putin is the new President of Russia...need I go on people? Focus on whats important and just get along.
anzomcik
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 721
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 07:57:28 (permalink)
I dont believe these clowns really feel that what they are fighting about on a fishing forum is whats truely important. I think they use this as an outlet to mask themselfs from all thats wrong with the world. We are all in the same boat, some people deal with it in differnt ways.

I could be wrong, just a thought
just keep a few
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 08:43:30 (permalink)
Yeah.....Good point..
TastyTrout
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 732
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 08:52:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: just keep a few

Who has time to argue on a fishing forum? Is this even real? Is this whats important to people who live in a country where unemployment is 8%,constitutional rights are being trampled,taxes and spending are out of control,Iran is getting close to nuclear weopons,Vladimir Putin is the new President of Russia...need I go on people? Focus on whats important and just get along.

Those things are well worth being worried about. However, this is a fishing forum and not one involving politics. If you post it to the off topic discussion section then you'll get some responses. Those things are a bit out of our control though don't you think?

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
Jimmy D Moore

wayneo73
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 77
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 08:56:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: anatikus

ummmm.....so hows the fishing been?

classic!

wow, did this thread get waylaid
just keep a few
New Angler
RE: Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? 2012/03/05 09:10:21 (permalink)
you win...feel better?
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: