Fished East Side for first time

Author
pgh_flytier
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 249
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/14 10:01:18 (permalink)

Fished East Side for first time

Did some exploring and tried fishing a couple of East Side streams Saturday. Saw some beautiful scenery. Really makes my day to drive through such nice looking landscapes. Some really nice areas to see and fish. Got stumped by the low clear water, but still enjoyed the day.

7 Replies Related Threads

deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: Fished East Side for first time 2011/11/14 10:07:04 (permalink)
    Glad you enjoyed the day. Just remember it isnt always about catching the fish , like you said , the scenery and landscapes alone can be enough even if your just taking a hike up or down the cricks , with fishing rod in hand of coarse. Even in low clear conditions a fish or two is a good day.

The Deetz
    Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
    FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: Fished East Side for first time 2011/11/14 12:44:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pgh_flytier

Did some exploring and tried fishing a couple of East Side streams Saturday. Saw some beautiful scenery. Really makes my day to drive through such nice looking landscapes. Some really nice areas to see and fish. Got stumped by the low clear water, but still enjoyed the day.

You should have gone to Wintergreen Gorge. Haven't you heard about the fish ladders?
    SteelSlayer77
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 489
    RE: Fished East Side for first time 2011/11/14 15:58:19 (permalink)
    You should have gone to Wintergreen Gorge. Haven't you heard about the fish ladders?

You should wait until the ladder is open for an entire season before being so sarcastic.  I'm sure wintergreen gorge is really loaded with fish, what a B.S. report when the raceway has just been opened and there has barely been a drop of rain between the opening and your report.
    Chris Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 321
    RE: Fished East Side for first time 2011/11/14 16:22:41 (permalink)
    I haven't been to edison park in quite a while. From what I remember, that would be an easy access area, ... may be access for handicapped individuals if they start coming up that high.
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    RE: Fished East Side for first time 2011/11/14 18:55:11 (permalink)
    did some exploring and tried fishing a couple of East Side streams Saturday.
    Saw some beautiful scenery
    Really makes my day to drive through such nice looking landscapes

you weren't on  an  amphibious 6 wheeler  were you???

..L.T.A.
    pikepredator2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 953
    RE: Fished East Side for first time 2011/11/14 19:36:44 (permalink)
    Guys, if you're hitting the east side tribs, when you're done fishing and before your trek home, hit the wineries! when you're fishing 12, 16 and 20 mile, you're right in the heart of North East wine country. Do not go home without sampling. Make this part of your trip! I only live a half hour away, and always plan a trip to the wineries when I'm hittin the east tribs. It's rounds out the day: makes it better if you caught fish, even better if you didn't. This post is for the out of towners that drive for hours to get here and fish the east side. Guys, get yourselves a map and enjoy!
    Livinfishin
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 245
    RE: Fished East Side for first time 2011/11/14 19:46:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteelSlayer77

You should wait until the ladder is open for an entire season before being so sarcastic.  I'm sure wintergreen gorge is really loaded with fish, what a B.S. report when the raceway has just been opened and there has barely been a drop of rain between the opening and your report.

Don't get me wrong, we should give all of this a chance to work on 4-mile, but my guess is that a majority of the fish ( if not large majority) will not clear the 1st waterfall just upstream from the lake. A few already have and of course more will but I wouldn't expect anything in large numbers. That waterfall, while passable is no picnic either for those fish to clear. A year or two will tell the tale on this project.
    post edited by Livinfishin - 2011/11/14 19:47:09
    Jump to: