Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
PHOTOJIM
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 107
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/08 23:45:20 (permalink)

West Ridge Fire Dept

I  decided to take a walk way up on Walnut cCreek on Saturday and when walking along the creek along comes an 8 wheeled ATV with a man driving, a young man in the passenger seat and a bunch of kids in the back. They came right up the middle of the creek twd. me and when he got to me he went behind me and apologized for disturbing my fishing but he was testing the ATV out for fire rescue and had permission from DEP and the Fish Commission to be in the creek. Now at this time I was a little disturbed but didn't say a lot, As I was walking up to a hole looking to see if any fish were in it he came around in front of me and drove right through the hole.

Now at that point I got a little ****ed off. I walked back to my car and on the way up I ran into them again and confronted him coming to the thought that they were just out for a joy ride. After coming out I decided to go to the Walnut Marina and ask them about it. On the way there I saw a Walnut Ridge Fire truck with a tailor parked down the road so I know he was a fireman with them. The Fish Warden was really ****ed that someone used them by saying they gave permission for this. They also had three other people complain to them about this. 

I think the thing that bothers me the most is this man  ( that is questionable he probably has a tiny **** and is trying to make up for it  ) sat there and lied to me in front of all of the kids in the ATV.  He showed that he was a big man and he could do anything he wanted.  How do we expect the kids to be respectable people when the adults do what they want to , lie about it and show no respect for other people let alone did he kill any Steel Head by driving over them in the creek.

OK I just wanted to blow off a little steam.

65 Replies Related Threads

rookie5781
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 941
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 00:50:33 (permalink)
    WOW! I hope they reported that to the Fire Department!

BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2153
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 06:36:16 (permalink)
    Yer a second rate citizen, didnt you know? When you wear a badge and or work for a govt entity, you can do whatever you want.............
    bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2559
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 08:44:44 (permalink)
    Boy, the nerve some people have. Showed a total disrespect for the rights of others, then oviously lied about what he was doing.

"If someone offers you a breath mint, take it.

Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 09:38:02 (permalink)
    I would have asked for a ride, my back hurts after walking on the stream all day.
    PONDBEARSHWILLY
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 165
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 10:45:43 (permalink)
    Most Firemen are idiots.I would expect nothing less from them.They think because they are a fireman they can do whatever they want and get away with it.
    PACOFRANSICO
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 276
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 11:12:34 (permalink)
    And dont forget the stickers on there cars. WE FIGHT WHAT YOU FEAR! and The 1 ( Hell want have us because we'll put it out!). You gotta love those hose heads!

"If, when you pull a fly out you
    dont hear drums and cant smell
    chicken blood in the air, put it back
    in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
    then it can only be conjured with the
    same.
    Redfly2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 11:28:17 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: PONDBEARSHWILLY

Most Firemen are idiots.I would expect nothing less from them.They think because they are a fireman they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Pondbear,

"Most Fireman are idiots"
    Be sure to keep your thoughts of them close in mind should you ever need them to come out and risk their life to save you or your loved ones or just your property from fire. 
    freshwaterdrumR
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 603
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 11:35:28 (permalink)

wow....
    You're an idiot.
    striperfish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 11:48:05 (permalink)
    Just like any other profession, there are always a few that will project a negative image, however I suggest the next time a cavalier with a blue light comes up on you, let them go by. They may be on the way to save a life. As far as having stickers on their cars, nothing wrong with a little pride in what you do.
    eyeassassin
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 847
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 14:05:48 (permalink)

The sad thing about this comment is that even though you called my fellow firefighting brothers idiots, they would still strap on a mask and risk their lives to save yours

REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN YOUR FIRST BIG ONE WAS. TAKE A KID FISHING
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5029
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 14:44:31 (permalink)
    Come on down to the farm and express those views to my 71 year old father.
    He has been the head of the PA Fire Police, County Rep the fire police for years now, He is Treasurer for our fire department and still goes on active calls. Call him an idiot to his face and you'll find out just what those old firemen are worth...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

CroatianSensation
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 16:38:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Loomis

I would have asked for a ride, my back hurts after walking on the stream all day.

LMAO!
    bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2559
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 17:52:55 (permalink)

Everbody has a right to their opinion, so here's mine. I live out in the "sticks" all we have are volunteer fire departments. They put it on the line to save live's and property. A friend of mine got severely injured while fightig a fire when a chimney fell on him. My dad was also a fire policeman, and was pround to have been able to serve in that capacity.
    They also help out directing traffic after accidents, and also provide other services to the community such as provideing treats for the kids at halloween. No doubt some are jerks, but most are honorable men and woman who just want to help out when they can. My heartfelt thanks go out to them for all they do.

"If someone offers you a breath mint, take it.

Riverbum
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 294
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 19:45:46 (permalink)
    What does any of this have to do with the jackass that was driving the atv? Very curious incident and the topic, as usual, gets highjacked.

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
    ~by Henry David Thoreau~

PHOTOJIM
    Avid Angler
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 20:09:36 (permalink)
    I was not slamming the fire department or firemen/women.  I have worked all my adult life working for and along side then. I have seen them in situations that I would never want to be in and I was glad  could just stand back with the camera. Back in the days before the State police had photographers I was the main call for them and I saw a lot. Some times the firemen get a little over anxious but that is what keeps them going and If I ever need one I hope he is the most gun ho one out of the group. This was one person who was an idiot.  No fire department would take a piece of equipment to test and fill it up with a bunch of kids. Also if the fire department was testing equipment there would be more then one fireman there.

Today I e-mailed the fire department and I am waiting for a reply.  Someone should have to answer for what this individual did and I am sure the leaders at the fire department didn't know anything about it.

mattsha
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 20:24:54 (permalink)

i wonder if this generalization would hold true when your car is crushed like a pop can and these "idiots" are pulling you out of your car. something to think about huh?
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8537
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 20:44:43 (permalink)
    My car wouldn,t make it that far up the creek.

fish12
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 131
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 21:32:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Riverbum

What does any of this have to do with the jackass that was driving the atv? Very curious incident and the topic, as usual, gets highjacked.

Just what I was thinking.
    flyfishindave
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 659
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 22:08:46 (permalink)
    you people that call firemen idots are complete a-- holes & I would love to see you tell my 2 sons that to their face. they are both federal fire fighters & also between them have served 3 tours in iraq for our great country as fire fighters to protect your a-- that call them idots. they do it for a living & save more lives than you would think & they are also EMTS to help sorry a-- like you. enough said sorry I had to blow off steam but I am DAM proud of those boys & will not put up with that kind of talk
    PHOTOJIM
    Avid Angler
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/09 23:03:23 (permalink)
    Please this was not to show disrespect for our firemen or other public safety workers.  Keep it where it should and don't be a%shol#s
    post edited by PHOTOJIM - 2011/11/10 08:02:03
    CroatianSensation
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 06:40:34 (permalink)
    Did you expect anything less?
    PONDBEARSHWILLY
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 165
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 06:54:11 (permalink)
    I was referring to the idiot firemen that think that they can break the law and get away with things just because they are a fireman.I didn't say all fireman were idiots.I have nothing but respect for people who would volunteer to risk their lives to save another.I knew this would get hijacked.Sorry if I offended anyone but if I did you clearly took it the wrong way.
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2153
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 07:20:23 (permalink)
    Nobody takes anything on here the wrong way. Do they?
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 08:11:18 (permalink)
    I gotz a question...

if the section of creek is on private property, and the duud in the 6-willer had permission from the land owner to ride ...
    wouldn't he have just as much right to the creek as anyone else??

lack of courtesy or consideration on the duud's part notwithstanding,   you do know that just cause we buy a fishin' license , it doesn't mean we're the only peeps in the world , right??

..L.T.A.

fish12
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 131
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 08:39:00 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: genieman77

I gotz a question...

if the section of creek is on private property, and the duud in the 6-willer had permission from the land owner to ride ...

lack of courtesy or consideration on the duud's part notwithstanding,   you do know that just cause we buy a fishin' license , it doesn't mean we're the only peeps in the world , right??

..L.T.A.

If this is the case then I believe the rider has the right.
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4913
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 10:06:51 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: genieman77

I gotz a question...

..L.T.A.

Possibly not if it is designated as a trout stream.  The farmer across the street has two places to ford the trout stream that are both on his property.  When he started to cross in another location, due to some Penn Dot work that made one of his crossings too deep, the PFBC stopped him from doing so.  They also would not permit him to re-arrange the stream bottom to put his other fording back ot the condition before it was changed.

I also seem to recall a rather strict fording regulation that a couple of forester friends told me about, but am unsure about the specifics other than they had to adhere to some type of established fordings map.  Perhaps Bings can shed some light on that since he is in the biz.

I was on a section of a trib about 10 years ago and a group of yunguns were riding their ATV's in the creek, even offering to "chase some steelhead out of the riffles into the hole" we were fishing.  The local that I was fishing with said that their mother had purchased the ground a few years before and that while it was illegal for them to ride in the stream, folks, including the PFBC, looked the other way as long as she kept it open for public fishing.  How much of that is true or not, i can't verify.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 10:25:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DarDys

Possibly not if it is designated as a trout stream...

walnut creek.... nothing "trout stream" about it

PHOTOJIM
    Avid Angler
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 12:21:49 (permalink)
    This area is part of
    Asbury Woods Nature Center
    I am sure they would not be happy either.

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4913
    RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 13:31:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: KJH807

ORIGINAL: DarDys

Possibly not if it is designated as a trout stream...

walnut creek.... nothing "trout stream" about it

If it is stocked with hatchery trout it is.

Not so sure that designated trout stream pertains to stocked steelhead.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: