WADING SHOE REPAIR

Author
jon_e_si
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1103
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/05 23:17:29 (permalink)

WADING SHOE REPAIR

NICK'S Shoe Repair in Girard (near diner - good food/price) fixed my worn out felt wading boots for $20.00! Left them off in the morning and picked them up after lunch! He even put a patch where they were worn at the in-step near the ball of your foot! He replaced the felt with a hard rubber sole!

God does not take from your life, the time spent fishing!

6 Replies Related Threads

dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: WADING SHOE REPAIR 2011/11/05 23:30:32 (permalink)
    I had a guy in town that used to do mine for about the same price.
    I'd buy the felt studded soles and he'd glue and stitch em on. And fix up any loose stitching on the uppers.
    FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: WADING SHOE REPAIR 2011/11/06 04:25:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jon_e_si

NICK'S Shoe Repair in Girard (near diner - good food/price) fixed my worn out felt wading boots for $20.00! Left them off in the morning and picked them up after lunch! He even put a patch where they were worn at the in-step near the ball of your foot! He replaced the felt with a hard rubber sole!

Just curious, why would you replace felt with a hard rubber sole? Unless it is lugged and studded.

jon_e_si
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: WADING SHOE REPAIR 2011/11/06 08:12:32 (permalink)
    There have been some posts about felt being outlawed because of the threat of transporting "invasive species", which I feel is unlikely, but didn't want any future hassle!

God does not take from your life, the time spent fishing!
    bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2559
    RE: WADING SHOE REPAIR 2011/11/06 08:46:59 (permalink)
    Seems as though shoe repair shops are going the way of the horse and buggy. Stil a few around my area. Have had some shoes repaired, and even had a pouch made for one of my fly reels at a shoemaker's shop in Ebensburgh.
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: WADING SHOE REPAIR 2011/11/06 14:46:44 (permalink)

There have been some posts about felt being outlawed because of the threat of transporting "invasive species", which I feel is unlikely, but didn't want any future hassle!

Waterfowl and watermamals transport invasive aquatic species from watershed to watershed much more efficiently than fishermen.  

bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2559
    RE: WADING SHOE REPAIR 2011/11/06 15:31:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dano

Waterfowl and watermamals transport invasive aquatic species from watershed to watershed much more efficiently than fishermen.  

Waterfowl and watermamals transport invasive aquatic species from watershed to watershed much more efficiently

Most definately, but that logic seems to escape the powers that be.

"If someone offers you a breath mint, take it.

Jump to: