Thank you

Author
ChuckH
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 38
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/28 17:25:18 (permalink)

Thank you

I'd like to post this to say thanks to the gentleman I encountered this AM who helped me out by netting the steelhead I had caught. I really appreciate the help and the useful tips you gave me on how to handle landing fish with a bit more ease than I was displaying. The next time we meet I owe you big. Thanks again.

7 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8537
    RE: Thank you 2011/10/28 17:34:43 (permalink)
    You mean you didn,t kick it onto the rocks....

SmMouthSeeker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 541
    RE: Thank you 2011/10/28 18:36:02 (permalink)
    You can do that or you can show your appreciation by helping some one else out by netting their fish, catching a fish and giving your pool to a kid and let them bring it in, pick up litter, or give your fish away etc, etc. That's how it works!!! It's called Sportsmanship.
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8537
    RE: Thank you 2011/10/28 18:55:14 (permalink)
    Ahhh.....OK!

gymi03
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 336
    RE: Thank you 2011/10/28 19:47:32 (permalink)
    Last year I took a friend to the Wall at Walnut....he said grab your pole, so I did. I was just playin around and basically by accident caught a fish.... a man helped me land it as I had no net... I have paid it forward.
    steeLpunishment
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 273
    RE: Thank you 2011/10/28 20:23:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ChuckH

I'd like to post this to say thanks to the gentleman I encountered this AM who helped me out by netting the steelhead I had caught. I really appreciate the help and the useful tips you gave me on how to handle landing fish with a bit more ease than I was displaying. The next time we meet I owe you big. Thanks again.

and i would like to thank you mr chuckH for thanking the guy who netted you fiSh

this is awesome.. the helpa im talkin' about

thats why we are here chuckH

all abowt helpa
    stay tuned for my new steelhead tip of the week

hoipethishelpa
    FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: Thank you 2011/10/28 22:22:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SmMouthSeeker

You can do that or you can show your appreciation by helping some one else out by netting their fish, catching a fish and giving your pool to a kid and let them bring it in, pick up litter, or give your fish away etc, etc. That's how it works!!! It's called Sportsmanship.

Hooking a fish and giving my rod to a kid is more fun for me than landing it myself. Did this several times on 4 mile and 7 mile back when they used to get the big runs. One little guy, about 10, was with his grandfather, who didn't fish. He broke the first one off, and I told him what he did wrong, and the second one I gave him he landed like a pro. His grandfather offered to pay me for the fly he lost. :-) Hope I can get my grandson up here someday and have him land a steelhead.
    skeinslayer
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Thank you 2011/10/29 11:51:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: FiveMilePete

ORIGINAL: SmMouthSeeker

Hooking a fish and giving my rod to a kid is more fun for me than landing it myself. Did this several times on 4 mile and 7 mile back when they used to get the big runs. One little guy, about 10, was with his grandfather, who didn't fish. He broke the first one off, and I told him what he did wrong, and the second one I gave him he landed like a pro. His grandfather offered to pay me for the fly he lost. :-) Hope I can get my grandson up here someday and have him land a steelhead.

I met a great sportsman 5-6 years ago he used to be a board member here Tburns was his name..I had my 8yr old daughter with me we were hooking alot of fish especially him every fish he hooked he gave his fly rod to my kid. She was so whooped after that day of fishing she passed out before we hit 79..

If you still read the forum Tburns thanks alot!!! I will never forget that day.
    Jump to: