Author
trout man
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 158
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/11 23:31:02 (permalink)

Night fishing

Hey All

I lost my regs book. Bought my licence in January. Does anyone know the regs regarding night fishing the erie tribs and/or shore. My friend wants to try a little night fishing. Thanks
Tight Lines
Trout Man

2 Replies Related Threads

Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    RE: Night fishing 2011/10/11 23:41:09 (permalink)
    From here: http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/lakeerie.html

Special Regulations - Lake Erie Tributary Streams

Designated as Nursery Waters are Trout Run and its tributaries, Godfrey Run, Orchard Beach Run, and Crooked Creek (where posted). It is unlawful to fish, wade or possess fishing equipment while in or along Lake Erie tributary streams designated as Nursery Waters.
    Archery fishing or spear fishing is prohibited in or along Lake Erie tributary streams.
    From September 6 until the opening day of trout season in April, all Lake Erie tributary streams are closed to fishing from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. on the following day except for Walnut Creek north of Manchester Bridge Road and Elk Creek north of Route 5.
    It is unlawful to fish from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. on the following day within 50 yards of the mouth of both Trout Run and Godfrey Run while fishing the Lake Erie shoreline.
    FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: Night fishing 2011/10/11 23:48:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: trout man

Hey All

I lost my regs book. Bought my licence in January. Does anyone know the regs regarding night fishing the erie tribs and/or shore. My friend wants to try a little night fishing. Thanks
    Tight Lines
    Trout Man

Previous reply is correct. However, do not try to fish 20 mile at night, as I tried to do. The park, which includes access to the creek and lake is closed from sunset to sunrise. At 16 mile, the parking area closes at sunset also.

Jump to: