Kiasutha campground fishing

Author
willyfister
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points: 0
2011/08/22 12:38:19 (permalink)

Kiasutha campground fishing

This will be the first time I'm staying at Kiasutha campground.  Normally we stay at Dewdrop, but we have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and this campground seemed a little more family friendly with the beach and I think playground.  Just wondering how's the fishing there.  Should I expect the same as Dewdrop?  Any other comments about the campground in general aside from fishing?

3 Replies Related Threads

jolie
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 348
    RE: Kiasutha campground fishing 2011/08/23 07:52:11 (permalink)
    I can't comment on the campground at all... but I will say this about Kinzua- it might be seriously frustrating for small kids. Kinzua lake isn't very fertile. and august isn't prime time for anything. There are huge crowds of anglers that come here every year with their kids and go away skunked and dissapointed. both on kinzua and on chapman.

they knew the risk, but presumably they didn't want their kids early experiences of fishing to be 2 hours of nothing. I feel sorry for them.

willyfister
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Kiasutha campground fishing 2011/08/23 13:49:10 (permalink)
    Oh I know, I've been going up there for about 20 years now.  I always manage to catch at the very least rock bass and perch as it's getting dark and the occasional walleye, smallmouth, carp and once my wife caught a decent northern.  We were up there this past memorial day and my daughter caught her very first fish, it was a perch.  She had alot of patience for a 3yo.  She also ended up catching a 16" walleye and a 17" smallmouth and a couple small rock bass. 
    TJR178
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 40
    RE: Kiasutha campground fishing 2011/08/31 10:08:32 (permalink)
    Hi willyfister:

I'm going to Dewdrop this weekend with some friends. I'm taking the canoe. Can you offer up any pointers on where to go around there and what to use?

Thanks!
    Jump to: