Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2583
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different 2011/07/19 09:26:04 (permalink)
Do tell, why not?

We thought of doing the chopper thing somewhere.

I'm not much for heights in the first place. We went up through these ravines and waterfalls, etc. It was very beautiful, but there were some crazy wind currents that were blowing us sideways and dropping us for several seconds at a time. It just wasn't my thing, but my wife loved it. She wants to go skydiving. Me, I try to keep my feet on the ground... Considering the type of aircrafts you have already been in, I would think you would be fine with it, though...

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
RE: Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different 2011/07/19 09:58:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: indsguiz

ORIGINAL: Bogeyjoker

ORIGINAL: bulldog1

don't even feel comfortable taking a leak behind the barn anymore.

Stagefright or are you just shy?

Makes the horses envious!

Nickname used to be Trigger amongst the ladies...
Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1704
RE: Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different 2011/07/19 10:08:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: indsguiz

ORIGINAL: Bogeyjoker

don't even feel comfortable taking a leak behind the barn anymore.

Stagefright or are you just shy?

Makes the horses envious!

Nickname used to be Trigger amongst the ladies...

...because you had a "hair trigger"?

flyfishindave
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 659
RE: Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different 2011/07/24 21:20:45 (permalink)
I am glad you adnitted to all those things you grumpy old guy
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
RE: Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different 2011/07/25 09:25:57 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: flyfishindave

I am glad you adnitted to all those things you grumpy old guy

I am nothing, if not brutally honest.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2558
RE: Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different 2011/07/25 09:35:32 (permalink)
Nice post. Looks as though you had a good time. Used to see one passing over the Duman dam area on occasion. Have you ever gone up in a glider? As interesting as a ride hanging in a basket from a hot air balloon would seem to be, in all honesty I never have, and probably never will, feel comfortable rideing in or on anything that doesn't have some form of steering or brakes. I did take a ride in a helicopter along with my daughter while on a vacation trip in Alaska. Landed on a glacier. Really neat experience. Wouldn't hesitate to do that again.

"If someone offers you a breath mint, take it.

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
RE: Spring Creek Anglers and PSU People -- Something a little different 2011/07/26 14:42:27 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bigfoot

Nice post. Looks as though you had a good time. Used to see one passing over the Duman dam area on occasion. Have you ever gone up in a glider? As interesting as a ride hanging in a basket from a hot air balloon would seem to be, in all honesty I never have, and probably never will, feel comfortable rideing in or on anything that doesn't have some form of steering or brakes. I did take a ride in a helicopter along with my daughter while on a vacation trip in Alaska. Landed on a glacier. Really neat experience. Wouldn't hesitate to do that again.

Haven't done the glider thing -- yet.

Chopper is in the future, but it has to be in the right spot.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: