Author
TJR178
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points: 0
2011/07/06 13:29:46 (permalink)

Fishing Around the Ohio Islands

Hi guys,

I'd post this in the OH board, but this board is way more active, so I figured I'd post here. I'm going to the islands this weekend. I've never fished out there off of a boat that wasn't a head boat, and I like to do my research on fishing an area before I'm get there. Does anyone have any recent FHE of fishing that area?

Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

eyedreamn
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 368
    RE: Fishing Around the Ohio Islands 2011/07/06 18:17:59 (permalink)
    Tjr178
    I have done a lot of fishing out west this year. Your post doesn't say what you are looking for but I assume its walleye.
    Well if your looking for a forum that talks about ohio lake Erie fishing then ohio game fishing is your page. Go to Erie reports. There is way more info there than I can tell you in this reply. That forum is awsome. The guys will give you it all. Location, depth, wind, speed, lure presention, and you name it. They are VERY helpful.
    If you are looking for walleye, I don't recommend the islands right now, for the most part they have moved east to the deeper water. If your looking for sheephead and white bass that's the place to be. They are bad over there right now.
    If you want some nice eyes. You could try lorain or huron they are a little further east, there are still walleye there.
    However, Geneva, Bula, and Connie are on FIRE right now.

Pm me if you wanna talk further. Def check out ogf though, great site.
    post edited by eyedreamn - 2011/07/06 18:18:30
    TJR178
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 40
    RE: Fishing Around the Ohio Islands 2011/07/07 07:09:39 (permalink)
    eyedream,

Thanks for the info! I'm sorry, I forgot to post that we're going for whatever bites out there, probably perch and eyes. Yeah, being from Erie, I know everything is migrating into deeper water right now, but I'm not looking to catch tons of fish, just hang out with my friends for a nice weekend on the water. Maybe we'll try going further east from the marina.

Thanks again!
    Jump to: