east kelly eyes.....

Author
eyedreamn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 368
  • Reward points: 0
2011/06/11 21:30:50 (permalink)

east kelly eyes.....

Any body do any good this weekend on the eyes?
I finally got to knock all the dust of the walleye gear in a big way.
I am so tired of hearing and reading about the amazing walleye fishery in ohio. Ohio walleye this, Ohio walleye that, blah
, blah, blah....
Well, we went out and did it this weekend. IT WAS FREAKN AWESOME!!!
Big, plentiful, hungry, walleyes in the right temperature water. Just short a two man ticket in few hours. It took us an hour to find some clean water, and a few hours to establish a pattern. After that it was all history........
Reefs 150' back of the big boards. I describe the color as pink lemonad bare naked, but I don't think that is the catalog name. The plug is pink and chartrus and the bare naked style. They took that color over and other one today, time and time again. It's crazy how they react to certain colors on a certain days.
We ended up banging them all a few miles east of Kelly's island. We had ten slobs in the box 24-29".
We ate the smaller ones for dinner with a ritz cracker breading deep fried. Yumm,Yumm, Yumm.
Finally catching some eyes. Sounds like things are heating up across the board in ohio and getting closer to pa.

Let's do it. Ya!

3 Replies Related Threads

Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1892
    RE: east kelly eyes..... 2011/06/12 23:09:45 (permalink)
    I describe the color as pink lemonad bare naked, but I don't think that is the catalog name. The plug is pink and chartrus and the bare naked style.

Cranberry Crusher.

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    eyedreamn
    Expert Angler
    RE: east kelly eyes..... 2011/06/13 11:55:41 (permalink)
    Ya Canberra Crushed that's it. Thanks Ken, they did some crushn alright. It was finally nice to have one of the days! With having the wind at your back and not having to dodge any other boats and just fish. It was great. There was a few times we couldn't get the clip back on to the big board main line before we got another strike.
    I finally got to breath a sigh of relief after a long winter "build up" so to speak.

eyedreamn
    Expert Angler
    RE: east kelly eyes..... 2011/06/13 11:58:39 (permalink)
    Sorry I hate typing on my cell phone. Cranbberry crusher
    Jump to: