JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK......

Author
eyedreamn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 368
  • Reward points: 0
2011/05/30 19:01:40 (permalink)

JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK......

Well let's see, another day boating out of north east. I talked to bass fisherman on Sunday he showed me a few pics of some eyes that he caught on tubes. They were pretty nice. So figured we would troll near shore in the a.m. the thunder storm we got Sunday night put the kibaush to that idea. All the mile streams were blown out and made the near shore water really merky.
Next idea, we decided to Chase some lakers on the mountian. Well I will tell you this much, all of our spoons got a rinse cycle. We only boated one ten pounder. We bagged that idea after four hours.
All day on the horn we heard liberty park for the jumbo, I finally convinced my fishn buddy to go for a ride and it payed off. There was a pack of 100 boats! We drifted into the pack from the east. Boy was it fun! All the jumbo a man could want.
We drifted passed some jagoff and his old lady, maybe 80-100 feet away. He took his shirt off and started flexn. He threatened us and said he would throw a perch at us. HE WAS REALLY MAD, I WAS SO SCARED. So then I put the terova on spot lock to really jacked off. Then we banged a few, he kept flexn. AGAIN I WAS REALLY SCARED!
He left and had to buzz us with some wake. He came back a short time later with his b.f.f. then he ran passed us at 30 mph about 40 feet from the starboard side. We pretended not to see him. I think that up upset him too.
The best part of the day was when we packed it up. My fishn partner pulled out very slowly like a real sportsman and they just staired at us. They were waiting for us to wake them. No chance, we pretened not to see them.
Again they were REALLY MAD!
Happy memorial day and thanks to all the vets!

10 Replies Related Threads

eyedreamn
    Expert Angler
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/30 19:22:09 (permalink)
    Correction: Lawrence Park not Liberty Park.
    Lundking
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 214
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/30 21:09:27 (permalink)
    Good to hear you found some action. And it depends how close you really got. Cause I dont like it when people drift or anchor real close either.. i mean you have all of lake erie for cryin out loud. Anyways good work!

Save a horse, ride a Lund

Friends don't let Friends fish for Trout (Stockies that is..)

smokey4sure
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/30 22:47:29 (permalink)

I saw some close drive by's on the west side of the pack as well. I can't understand....the pack was long from east to west, but not that wide from north to south and Mr. jack nut drives right down the middle WFO, instead of going north or south to the outside?

I also saw the PFC with lights on in the middle of the pack heading east after someone around 11:00 ish, might have been your new friend?
    eyedreamn
    Expert Angler
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/31 05:55:38 (permalink)
    I wish the commission was after him. It was later in the afternoon. But ya the pack was just how you explained it. East to west, boy was it fun!
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/31 08:09:19 (permalink)
    I personally, NEVER even go or get close to any "pack" of boats. Just anchor up in the same depth range and off any pack and look for fish on the sonar, or start your own pack and there will be fish there....Its Lake Erie for goodness sake.

I started to do this a few years back just to see what would happen....I'd anchor up way away from any pack and within a few hours, there would be 5 or 6 boats around me....its funny how some people just look for boats out there to try to find fish....look at your depth finder, it tells you a lot.
    post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2011/05/31 10:34:29

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/31 09:31:05 (permalink)
    I started to do this a few years back just to see what would happen....I'd anchor up way away from any pack and within a few hours, there would be 5 or 6 boats around me....its funny how some people just look for boats out there to try to find fish...

Same thing happens on the tribs for steelies. It's like people can't comprehend the radical concept that there might be fish in the hole below the one they're fishing. But when they see someone else there, suddenly it looks like a good spot.
    dakotab
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 358
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/31 13:38:36 (permalink)
    We were up on the EdwardJohn and one guy was just killing them.  While the rest of us just did OK.  I'm not use to being out fished so I was trying to see what it was that he was doing different and the only thing I could see is his rig was a little different.  It had no wire  and small fly lilke hooks on the tips.  I use the fly style rigs also that the Edward John sells but the hooks are much larger than I believe you need.  He was telling someone where he got them and that they were a size 10 and that he buys them all up when he can find them.  Anybody know the names of these rigs?
    Pie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 145
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/31 13:57:35 (permalink)
    Sounds like it could have been a Sabiki rig.
    Perch can't resist the Chartreuse Sabikis.
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/31 14:05:36 (permalink)
    Sabiki

Rough House
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 192
    RE: JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERCH, JUMBO PERK...... 2011/05/31 16:46:21 (permalink)
    deff sabiki. They work awesome!!! I have ordered them from ebay when the local shops didnt have any.

Lake Erie Fishing Charters out of Erie, PA.

https://roughhousecharters.com
    Jump to: