LockedA friend just quit...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/09 23:09:51 (permalink)
god bless NY :)
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/05/09 23:10:12

Attached Image(s)

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/09 23:12:07 (permalink)
my reward in solitude... 5-7-11... 1 angler seen in 3 hours on a half mile strecth of big water...

Attached Image(s)

Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/10 11:36:07 (permalink)
Nice snagging setup!
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/10 18:34:09 (permalink)
Hey cold ; you've been steelhead fishing for 3 years???? I've been for 22.... for the past 2 years inend of april in to mid may I fish pink worms under raven floats for SILVER DROPBACKS on a noodle rod... no snagging is even possible with that set up...these fish are hungry and ferocious being that they are in lower stretches just before the lake... the worm tendsto ride up on the line when fish are hooked while using regular hooks rather than baitholders.... unforunately a 23 year fly fisherman like myself has tons of every type of hook you can imagine... as for rigging; I was fishing that pink worm with a pink bead above it about 3.5 inches.. I had a 4.5 ft leader below my float while fishing about 6 feet of water when I hooked that beauty... bobber went down and out in an instant..followed by a head shaking leap. there's more to steelhead fishig than you know from your 3 seasons of fishingstreams I can jump across and see the fish you're fishing for... don't take offense by what I've said.... im just saying...

Btw; I've seen you post about fly casting for steelhead and how you can basically do it with a piece of schedule 40 pvc pipe... here's an fyi... try some bigger water... there's a lot more to it than what you only know...

.... drop me a line if you ever want to try out water other than yourehorible experience pa tribs... id be glad to share...
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/10 18:37:50 (permalink)
One side comment... when fishing yamasenkos for large mouths... the worm tends to do the same thing by riding up the line after hook set...
pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/10 18:41:56 (permalink)
FISHING IS MUCH BETTER IN NY AND OHIO
Everyone please go there

SCampbells88
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/10 20:21:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dimebrite

Hey cold ; you've been steelhead fishing for 3 years???? I've been for 22.... for the past 2 years inend of april in to mid may I fish pink worms under raven floats for SILVER DROPBACKS on a noodle rod... no snagging is even possible with that set up...these fish are hungry and ferocious being that they are in lower stretches just before the lake... the worm tendsto ride up on the line when fish are hooked while using regular hooks rather than baitholders.... unforunately a 23 year fly fisherman like myself has tons of every type of hook you can imagine... as for rigging; I was fishing that pink worm with a pink bead above it about 3.5 inches.. I had a 4.5 ft leader below my float while fishing about 6 feet of water when I hooked that beauty... bobber went down and out in an instant..followed by a head shaking leap. there's more to steelhead fishig than you know from your 3 seasons of fishingstreams I can jump across and see the fish you're fishing for... don't take offense by what I've said.... im just saying...

Btw; I've seen you post about fly casting for steelhead and how you can basically do it with a piece of schedule 40 pvc pipe... here's an fyi... try some bigger water... there's a lot more to it than what you only know...

.... drop me a line if you ever want to try out water other than yourehorible experience pa tribs... id be glad to share...

I've been fly fishing for years myself and do not find fishing larger bodies of water to be all that hard when swinging flies.  The "I'm cool" Spey attitude will die down eventually. 

I've never met Cold, but he seems like a nice guy.  I see he ties a nice sulphur emerger, and since my box is empty and i can't seem to quite get this fly down, since I said such nice things about him and prob put him on his largest wild brook through a pm exchange, it would be nice if he could make a trip to my home waters with a few so I can show him how to fish them.
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/10 22:12:22 (permalink)
dimebrite, dUUd, stop being such a phenomenal moron. I complimented your snagging setup and I meant it. I don't care what you tell yourself that you're doing or how long you've been snagging steel, or how many hooks you have (betcha I've got more than you think, but I'm not sure how that matters in the least). You came on this thread running your mouth and not knowing a thing about the PA tribs. I compliment your setup and you got as butthurt as most of the slimers you catch and go on a rant. Hilarious stuff. Don't stop believin' dUUd.

Campbell: Sure thing dUUd. Tying an improved version of that fly as we speak. Maybe this weekend?
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 05:52:19 (permalink)
I guess there was a misunderstanding or something??? Didn't know that a snag rig was a compliment... my comment on hooks was just to let you know I don't buy baitholders because of all of the egg pattern hooks I have for fly tying...my reasons for posting were inspired by all of the negative comments people had to say about PA tribs and small rivers... and then you go and call me a snagger... I was actually serious when I extended myself to share info on other rivers.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 06:00:11 (permalink)
Hey campbell... im not one of those im cool spey guys... I fish all different methods.... and I don't look down on any methods; was only explaining my rig from the picture that he claimed to be a snag rig...

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 08:04:09 (permalink)
Kinda funny that you post in response to comments about PA tribs that you arent even familiar with.

I was actually serious when I said it was a nice snagging setup, pegged bead and all.

And I'm serious now when I say I'm not really much interested in hitting any of the ditches, PA, flatlander, or NY, with a pegged egg.

...unless you've got a few shank-weighted trebles I can borrow to hang a few inches below it...
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 08:29:40 (permalink)

my reward in solitude... 5-7-11... 1 angler seen in 3 hours on a half mile strecth of big water...

Nice, pink power-worms are awesome for steelhead.  Question, why the bead?  To get it to ride down further?  is it pegged above or free sliding to the head of the worm? Sometimes I have issues fishing a power-worm when the water is real fast, its floating nature keeps it riding mid current. 
post edited by Loomis - 2011/05/11 08:30:24
SCampbells88
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 10:45:23 (permalink)
Loomis,

that's what stacked shot patterns and pins are for.  Get with the program, troll.  Just because you can built rods doesn't give you anything on me man.  I saw you in Erie this year with your little buddy, cussing and stuff around my kid.  Show off.
gymi03
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 336
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 11:42:49 (permalink)

One side comment... when fishing yamasenkos for large mouths... the worm tends to do the same thing by riding up the line after hook set...

Very few times have I set into a large mouth and not have the worm go up the line.
pghmarty
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 11:53:37 (permalink)
Plum Bob
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 575
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 12:56:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pghmarty

FISHING IS MUCH BETTER IN NY AND OHIO
Everyone please go there

No. Actually fishing is much better in Pennsylvania than it is in NY or Ohio. Everyone please STAY THERE.
pghmarty
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 13:32:42 (permalink)
Can we compromise and send everyone to Michigan?

jonnyfishon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2089
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 18:01:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Cold

Kinda funny that you post in response to comments about PA tribs that you arent even familiar with.

I was actually serious when I said it was a nice snagging setup, pegged bead and all.

Pa tribs is a nice little creek. Thats far from a snagging setup btw. I gather you do not pin? I like to hook the pink worm in the middle and tick my pin so the worm waves. The steel will clobber it. Its funny how many people from pa complain about the tribs since its so great.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/11 19:15:57 (permalink)
loomis; balance more weight on your line when fishing white water with the worm; the beed will also help keep it down and encourage a strike as well... also cast upstream if possible and follow it back to you so your target will be in your preferred strike zone...

hey cold; only posted NY pics because of all of the comments made about PA tribs vs. NY...

hey johnny; the most and largest fish i hooked on saturday were with a wacky rig under a bead; wacky rig is lethal for large mouths as well... fish on...

pghmarty; i think everyone should just quit steelheading in general and maybe we'd all get along.. lol

to the original poster; definitely hold on to your friends gear; he may come back
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/15 21:14:04 (permalink)

Hey campbell... im not one of those im cool spey guys... I fish all different methods.... and I don't look down on any methods; was only explaining my rig from the picture that he claimed to be a snag rig...

Glad to hear you dont claim to be on of the cool spey guys.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/15 22:36:15 (permalink)
Better late than never, Flatlander.

I figured you'd be all over this. Maybe the spring run has just been that good to you?
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/17 08:22:14 (permalink)
Out from the woodwork swing.... who are you kidding though; I've never known "SPEY GUYS" to be cool at all; mostly snobby at most...lmao... but we all know cold has only steelhead fished the past 2 years with 1.5" shedule 40 pvc piping so I guess he's cool... hey swing which JC are you referring to???? Wow im on a roll I oughta stop...

Btw; my invitation to fish with either of you guys still stands. Let me know if you're ever on the eastern shore of ontario...I'll swing, fling, plunk or dunk with just about anyone on these boards... til then tight lines...
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/17 08:40:43 (permalink)
I think I'd be too busy laughing at your razor sharp wit to actually rig up your snagging setups properly.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: A friend just quit... 2011/05/17 11:19:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Cold

I think I'd be too busy laughing at your razor sharp wit to actually rig up your snagging setups properly.

definition of wit: the natural ability to percieve and understand; keenness andquickness of perception; ingenuity; the keen perception and cleverly apt expression of those connections between ideas that awaken amusement and pleasure...

Now that's a compliment thank you.... lmao

Will it be comical???? Abso **** lutely..... yeehaw cowboy...
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: