Pine Creek

Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5035
  • Reward points: 0
2010/05/18 10:01:21 (permalink)

Pine Creek

What a wonderful morning to try out some new water..
Only had a couple hours to fish before a  Dr's appointment so I headed over to give Pine Creek a try as it was stocked just yesterday...Thought I could sore mouth a few to live another day. Wrong......

Don't even waste your time...

To you 3 fellas from Ohio, you are dam lucky I didn't have cell phone service and had an appointment.

I pulled up to the creek and there was an older man standing  by the bridge fishing.. I asked him if this was Pine Creek and he said yes and then he starts rambling on about how his license is in the truck on his hat.. Not sure why, guilty conscience mabee..Hat on his head looked like it could hold a liscence...

He caught a fish and said well that's it for me and pulls a bag of trout out of a brush pile that looked like it contained more than 5 fish already and why they need covered with brush I have no clue......

He gets in his truck and his buddy comes walking down the road with a bag of trout looks to be at least a limit, throws them in the truck and then walks up the road about 75 yards to a little culvert roots around in the brush and picks up some more fish and throws them in the truck..

As they are doing that their other bud comes to the road from upstream and motions them to come back. They back up the road and he pulls a bag of trout out of his vehicle and gives it to them to take back to camp.. I could hear their whole conversation they were going back to camp to drop off the fish and get some coffee... They were going to unload their booty and come back and would see him in a bit....

I did stand and talk to the one idiot for a few minutes and he explained to me just where they had dumped all the trout in yesterday and that they had did quite well.. Wonder how well ????

Pine is a small creek up there and probably shouldn't even be stocked, there is just no holding water to put that many fish in.Dumping 3 buckets of fish in a bathtub size hole is Stupid....

Not sure how many fish were put in but I can just about bet those three idiots will have that creek devoid of fish before the week is out...What a shame....

Stopped in Spartansburg to get gas on the way home and got to see the "Bucket Brigade" chasing the stock truck..
Didn't know you had to bring your own bucket to help stock..Not sure why they even bother, they should just line up with their buckets at the side of the truck get their 5 fish and go home as they are not their for the fishing or the experience or to even help they want THEIR limit....Would save a lot of man hours and one he11 of a lot less garbage on the stream bank....

Streams should be closed the day they are stocked and should only be able to be fished by kids and seniors with a lifetime liscence...

Ok sorry for the rant but that is one of my pet peeves...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

23 Replies Related Threads

jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 10:15:38 (permalink)
    bings, I feel your pain, but seriously, relegated to seniors and kids??

My father and I were talking about this yesterday.  He said that surprisingly, he has run into more retired gentleman lacking ethics opposed to young men or kids, and I completely agree with him.  There are a few older gents that think they own an ATW I fish, and they are there every morning, keeping their limit.  I wait until evening to fish anymore, as the stream is usually devoid of fisherman then, and the trout are feeding on the evening hatch of cahills without lead and powerbait slinging by them.  Nothing makes me laugh more then seeing a spin fisherman throwing their metal to rising fish.  They cast right on top of them lol. 

btw... I fished Pine on Sat. where Caldwell confluences, and we did good swinging buggers.  My dad laid the hammer down with minnows.  I hate when he out-fishes me.

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    razmatazz05
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1856
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 10:15:45 (permalink)
    disgusting.  flatlanders... 

"Good Luck"

Thanks for the usage of your forum. My Money will not go to your tackle shop.
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 11:45:43 (permalink)
    I know they post the schedule so they get more help with stocking... but I wish it was done without public posting, and I agree that the stream should be off limits for 24-48 hrs after stocking. Unfortunately that won't happen because they don't have enough officers to enforce it.
    LBG Flyfisher
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 12:06:05 (permalink)
    Posting the exact date of the stocking is a poor attempt at making up for the lower numbers of fish put in....real funny how the PFBC stopped posting numbers of fish put in the stream at about the same time they started the whole exact date down to the minute B.S....i am home from college for the summer so i have helped a few stockings just to try and spread the fish out some and it is disgusting how there are fifty cars tailing the truck and three guys get out to actually help...if those guys you mentioned were keeping more than the limit they are probably the first to complain that there are no fish in the stream..well of course not when 3 guys get in there and keep 30 fish each day. with less fish being stocked and more people like that it doesnt take a math major to figure that one out

I love catching 20 inch trout...in 10 inch intervals:)
    rapala11
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6218
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 12:12:56 (permalink)
    My dad laid the hammer down with minnows.  I hate when he out-fishes me.

silver skulls rock.

enjoy those times when he can still give you a good butt-whoppin, too.

btw, i know some guys a lot older than me that have no outdoor ethics whatsoever.  a good day fishing or hunting means multiple limits.  but these are the same guys who would scream foul if someone stole a campaign sign out of their front yards.  you young guys here are great, nothing but gentle, respectful holds on fish and then a quick release.  a lot of us ancients can learn something from yinz.........just saying. 

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 14:00:21 (permalink)
    Silver Skulls Rock,,, you're on to something there Rap......

mossy oak
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 883
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 14:00:28 (permalink)
    Its my opinion that when they stock a creek, they should close the creek entirely to everyone for a week.  Let the fish spread out and get acclimated.  Never felt this way til I started flyfishing and would show up to fish and all that was left was empty bait containers and fishguts.  Not saying bait fisherman are all slobs, just the hard core truck chasers, ironically, seem to be the biggest culprits.

MO

so save your breath I could not hear, I think I made it very clear...

sig220e
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 14:10:31 (permalink)
    Not sure I get any of your rant...you complain about how small Pine Creek is, and yet...there you went.

Noticed another pattern...the "Only if I had a cell phone/cell phone service..." Get descriptions and license plate # - do not impress us with what you coulda done - actually do it.

Peace to all.

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

razmatazz05
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1856
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 14:20:05 (permalink)
    peace to all. 

"Good Luck"

Thanks for the usage of your forum. My Money will not go to your tackle shop.
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 14:24:11 (permalink)
    Your pretty.
    post edited by Mr.Slickfish - 2010/05/19 06:43:59

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 14:46:51 (permalink)
    Nice!

Peace to all.

B. Lee

dietz31684
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 462
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 14:52:35 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mr.Slickfish

Only pattern I notice is you chiming in with BS again. Never have I seen a shred of relevant fishing info come from one of your 208 crap posts.

You should stick to OT...you fit right in there.

sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 15:02:25 (permalink)
    Make it 210 - how far we gonna go with this?

If you don't like the points I make - simply ignore them

You don't like ditches - do not fish them.

You wanna call PFBC and turn in poachers - do it as opposed to providing excuses why you didn't.

Peace to all.

B. Lee

Loopy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1437
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 15:24:21 (permalink)
    Pine is actually a fantastic creek closer to Titusville.  There are some really good hatches and fishes well into June with plenty of fish still there to be had.  It does blow that some guys need to take more than their legal share.  I'm sure just about every stocked creek gets it's share of poaching now and then.

<---  The Holy Trinity
    cbeagler
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1811
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 17:14:51 (permalink)
    OK. I was thinking Pine Creek as in PA Grand Canyon Pine Creek. I could not figure out why it was being described as small.
    Dream Catcher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1567
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 17:39:01 (permalink)
    You should have invited them to the next oil creek outing LOL.... We coulda made em ride the choo choo
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 18:30:48 (permalink)
    Soory for resorting to his level.
    Just been a bad day and he struck a nerve...
    All fixed..

Peace to all...
    post edited by bingsbaits - 2010/05/19 06:12:31

dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3042
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 19:29:16 (permalink)
    Bings,
    Try down a bit.
    Better water after Cadwell comes in. Better hatches, too.

March Browns happened but then the rain came.

I fished Oil ( sulphurs are really poppin' ) later this afternoon and on the way home I crossed over Pine. It be blown out and might be fishable in a couple of days.

jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 23:01:50 (permalink)
    I have pics from Pine where Caldwell comes in.. beautiful water/scenery.  Will get them up tomorrow.  I must say, though, I didn't see a mayfly or caddis the entire weekend in the Titusville area, however, it was blown out.  Really wanted to get my dad to see some dry fly action.  

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    mohawksyd
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 854
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 23:23:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: sig220e

Make it 210 - how far we gonna go with this?

If you don't like the points I make - simply ignore them

You don't like ditches - do not fish them.

You wanna call PFBC and turn in poachers - do it as opposed to providing excuses why you didn't.

Jean Claude Van Massengill:

I don't typically go to bat for anyone, and since I'm new I can't proffer the litany of informative posts that some people do on this board. So out of respect for the numerous guys who have taken the time to frequently post something meaningful on these boards, and with knowledge aforethought of the flaming I might take...

You are WAY the he11 off base.

Nothing in Bing's post even came CLOSE to making excuses or bashing the water. Read enough of this guy's posts, and it's almost implied that he's out chasing down new places to wet a line. He spared people who saw it was just stocked and thought it might be worth a drive, and put out a BOLO for some scabs from OH.

Put your pee shooter back in your pants, Tough Guy. Bings has shared more insight, willingness to help people (particularly new people), reflections, and photos of what the sport means to him and 99.x% of fishermen - both members and nonmembers of the board - than I've read in any of the blather you've posted. I'm not naive; there's a lot of BS that gets posted on these boards..."it is what it is." But there are a good many people here who really try to make a contribution for the betterment of all. They are the real deal. The only point you made is that like you to come off cracking stupid and talk tough.

Just another floater in the gene pool.

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/18 23:31:11 (permalink)
    cracking post...

peace to all
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/19 06:43:13 (permalink)
    Nice post mohawk...you've inspired me to edit mine.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: Pine Creek 2010/05/19 07:22:18 (permalink)
    Mis-read - sorry.  Read it again and I noticed the intent of his post regarding the stream.

Regarding the cell phone and non-call to the PFBC - I guess that is an individual thing - but I will guess they will be back to clear that area of fish and others as long as anglers turn a blind eye. 

For all those who never make an error in judgement - enjoy your day. 

I am going down there (Pine Creek and Caldwell) now to look it over myself.

Peace to all.
    post edited by sig220e - 2010/05/19 07:23:42

B. Lee

Jump to: