Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..31323334 Showing page 34 of 34
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9687
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2024/04/24 11:13:48 (permalink)
Trump had some good policies on Chinese trade. He called them out and took action. Biden followed this and kept many Trump era legislation in tact.

Trump brought immigration to the forefront. Biden redacted some policies, but kept many others. It is nowhere near the MAGA moron cheer of open boarders, but if redacting all to Obama level policy, it pretty much would be. But not nearly the flooding of migrants back then. To me, the policy is wrong under both. Parts are right, but neither address the source of the problem. Help those countries with industry, would kill two birds with one stone. It keeps their people there with jobs and it lessens the reliance on China for junk. Until that is done (which isn’t even being discussed), you have to do something to slow/deter the flow.

Trump likes to turn every complex problem into an idiot chant. It isn’t a simple solution like his cult of morons like to chant. He does this with just about every issue. Not only in the chants, but in the policy proposals themselves. He is a very intellectually dumb person, but the ability to gather support from those dumber. Which wouldn’t be too much of an issue if he were just the figurehead and had smart people surrounding him. He starts with smart people, but they all resign because he is such an idiot. Look at his old cabinet and how many not only left but explained why they left was Trump being an idiot.

Agree on the complexity of inflation and that it is a global issue with the US handling better than the majority of the world. That said, Biden is pushing many campaign promises (pre-inflation ideas) that will raise inflation. Most Dem ideas do this. Dems like to “fix” things that often don’t need “fixed”. Which cost money. “Tax the rich to pay for it”, “pay their fair share”…. When is this going to happen? Often they push through the programs that are supposed to be funded by this, but end up not “making them pay their fair share” and guess who ends up ultimately paying? If pushed on corporate taxes, those are pushed on to prices, which is inflation. Sort of the rally cries from the other side on “entitlement reform” will seemingly solve every problem, until you look at how much would actually be saved (if you aren’t talking Social Security).

Both options are horrible. Trump more so, for the piece of trash of a human he is. If he gets in, I highly doubt the end of democracy or other that many predict. I’m an old white guy (nearing 50), looking more and more like Kenny Rogers every day. I like fishing on my gas powered boat, pulled by my gas powered truck. I work for corporate America with the military being my top client. For me, I’d probably be better off financially under Trump. But my conscience won’t ever allow voting for such a scumbag of a subhuman.

Whichever gets in will be facing a likely cold war with Russia/China/North Korea. An extremely overvalued housing bubble that is going to burst within the next few years. Interest rates that make purchasing anything needing a loan, next to impossible. Including higher education. Neither are remotely the best for the job.
Page: << < ..31323334 Showing page 34 of 34
Jump to: