STEELHEAD ANGLER SURVEY

Author
acapotis
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points: 0
2021/11/12 14:04:08 (permalink)

STEELHEAD ANGLER SURVEY

The PA Steelhead Association is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization working to enhance and preserve the Lake Erie Steelhead fishery in Northwestern, Pennsylvania.

We have launched an ELECTRONIC Steelhead Angler Survey. We hope to collect angler feedback in order to enhance and improve our world-class fishery.

We hope to study where anglers feel stocking efforts are the most effective and successful. We are NOT asking for your fishing spots!! We simply wish to study how effective the Commonwealth's stocking of 1.1 million Steelhead annually really is across our 13 tributaries. IF UPPER WALNUT ACTUALLY IS AS BARREN OF FISH AS I HEAR THIS IS THE PLACE TO AIR YOUR GREIVANCES. SICK OF PEOPLE SNAGGING AND NOT GETTING CITED? COMPLETE A SURVEY, TELL US THE CREEK. All data gathered will be used for future stocking decisions. The PA Steelhead Association works with and for 3CU, the largest cooperative nursery in the entire state. We also have contacts with the Wesleyville Conservation Club, another large cooperative nursery that directly stocks the tributaries with Steelhead and Brown Trout as well. Finally, we have contacts and friends within the P.F.B.C. and intend to share information directly with the biologists that track the current paper format Angler Log. Please help us attain accurate data--if you go fishing and fail to land a fish it is essential you complete a survey indicating such. We hope to improve our stockings with this information!! I do not ever see the same amount of people fishing the Bay for Steelhead as I do along The Wall at Walnut . . . perhaps would could encourage stocking a lesser amount in the Bay and more amongst the streams. 

ALL QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS WELCOME. PLEASE VISIT  FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON OUR ORGANIZATION AND OUR INTENTIONS WITH THIS PROJECT. 

TIGHT LINES AND GO HAVE FUN
Jump to: