Long story, short (est) version

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2021/08/23 20:37:58 (permalink)

Long story, short (est) version

If you've ever been in the hospital with a family member and have 2 others admitted for separate instances, it's going to be a bad week.

We took my sister for a scheduled hip replacement surgery. Surgery went well, recovery not so much. Because of all the meds given, it affected her vitals. Blood pressure and sugar levels. She was kept for 4 days. My wife spent every night by her side as I stayed from morning until dark due to visitor restrictions.
Day 3 my wife went home to shower and take a break while I stayed in hospital. On her trip back, stopped at a red light, a truck hit her full force at 40 mph without touching his breaks from behind. Our car was a 2022 Honda odyssey mini van we purchased brand new upfront 3 months ago.
Our son, a police officer was behind the truck on his way to visit my sister. Thankfully, he was there when accident happened and had an ambulance in route for his mother.
The driver of the truck, fell asleep at the wheel and never seen anything.
Our car is destroyed, deemed totaled.

My wife enters ER, while I'm upstairs scrambling to have a nurse sit with my sister so I can go with my wife.
Wife is in total panic mode but thankfully xrays came back good. She's bruised from seatbelt but it for sure saved more injury.

It didn't stop there.
That night our 4 week old grandson Ethan gets rushed to the hospital for emergency intestinal surgery. He had a very rare disorder that wouldn't allow foods to enter his stomach. He spent 4 days recovering before being released yesterday night.

So now the short version.
Everyone is home safe and doing very good.
I think the peices of my mind are finally starting to get back together as well.
post edited by hot tuna - 2021/08/23 20:46:57

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

6 Replies Related Threads

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: Long story, short (est) version 2021/08/23 20:49:59 (permalink)
    When it rains---
    Glad everyone is mending Rich
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: Long story, short (est) version 2021/08/23 22:46:50 (permalink)
    Wow, talk about an avalanche!  Glad all are on the mend but certainly a lot still on your plate right now.  I hope the good progress continues and the vehicle replacement headaches are minimal.  
    pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3412
    Re: Long story, short (est) version 2021/08/23 22:58:59 (permalink)
    Here's to better days ahead. Glad to hear everyone is going to be ok. Sucks about the van but as stated , things like that can be replaced.
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4891
    Re: Long story, short (est) version 2021/08/24 08:19:27 (permalink)
    Man, that was a lot all at once. Glad you were able to weather it with okay results. Sometimes it rains, this time it poured on you.

Hopefully, the good times will come along and outweigh the bad 10 fold.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    Re: Long story, short (est) version 2021/08/24 09:53:24 (permalink)
    Holy crap Rich,that sounds unreal,but as said the positive is that every one is good.The car will be replaced but that truck driver should be replaced also!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: Long story, short (est) version 2021/08/25 21:01:10 (permalink)
    Thank you all.
    Things have started to settle down and thanks to kind people, I haven't lost my mind.
    Our days are day by day. I can't make plans for anything more than 2 days out.
    I highly doubt I'll see a salmoid or lake run trout in 2021 but wish all that do the best of times.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Jump to: