I can't wait

Author
ikelsine
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2020/05/16 11:55:28 (permalink)

I can't wait

Ok, I know it’s a little early but I seriously can’t wait for ice fishing season to get here. I just started to ice fish a couple of years ago and I’m seriously addicted.
I’m mostly am interested in fishing for Crappie, Gills, and Perch, but would love to target some Eyes this season, and when the opportunity is there set up some tip-ups for toothy fish.
So in the interest of fixing my jones for a little bit, and in the desire to add to my ice fishing arsenal, I’d like to know what are some of your most effective lures and jigs for ice fishing?
So far the Lindy Rattl’n flyer 1/16 oz. in Fire Tiger has been one of the best producers for me I’ve caught gills, crappie, perch, bass and pike on it, and I usually tip it with a minnow head or some spikes

4 Replies Related Threads

treesparrow
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    Re: I can't wait 2020/05/26 12:21:00 (permalink)
    First heat of Summer yesterday and I long for winter. I also just love ice fishing. I have ice fished for 54 years and have still not got enough. I use many different lures for different species. My go to lure is the Swedish Pimple with the Castmaster in a pinch. Rapalas can not be beat some days and Blade Baits shine other days. I generally do not tip my artificials other than for Bluegills and Perch then at times I tip with Maggots' or minnows. Nothing like a beautiful day on the ice, do not forget the sun screen.   
    JenMorri88
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: I can't wait 2020/10/15 09:49:50 (permalink)
    in fact, I'm not as fascinated by winter fishing as you are, I don't know why. But now I read your post and thought, what's wrong with me. Apparently, I'm too cold, so tell me, please, what clothes do you take?
    doski
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    Re: I can't wait 2020/10/24 11:42:58 (permalink)
    Im so ready,,,,,,
    KendallPatel
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: I can't wait 2020/12/14 07:59:02 (permalink)
    I grew up in Michigan. (Lower peninsula) We had snow and it was grand! Sledding, ice skating, ice fishing, skiing, and snow ball fights. It truly was a Winter Wonderland. Now, the lakes barely freeze and snow is scarce. Frankly, I miss snow. I'm grieving at it's absence.

Jump to: