Duman dam

Author
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2521
  • Reward points: 0
2020/03/29 16:56:36 (permalink)

Duman dam

As far as I know it is closed to fishing till the opening day of trout on April 18. I was out there early this afternoon and saw 4 or 5 guys fishing off the breast. 

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
Quote: E.B. White

8 Replies Related Threads

Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    Re: Duman dam 2020/03/30 11:20:22 (permalink)
    Definitely closed to fishing.   Guys were fishing illegally.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    dipNrip
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 47
    Re: Duman dam 2020/03/30 15:19:32 (permalink)
    Never heard of Duman dam and not in stocking list that I can see. If it’s not stocked it’s open. If it’s stocked it can still be open to fishing but no harvest.
    Here’s the list of stocked and open year round water for SW PA

https://pfbc.pa.gov/fishp...aryad/troutregs_sw.htm
    Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    Re: Duman dam 2020/03/30 19:43:10 (permalink)
    dipNrip
    Never heard of Duman dam and not in stocking list that I can see. If it’s not stocked it’s open. If it’s stocked it can still be open to fishing but no harvest.

It's a stocked trout water and not open to year round angling.  I checked.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    SaltWaterRocks
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re: Duman dam 2020/03/31 01:38:08 (permalink)
    dipNrip

It's the 5th one on the list in Cambria County if I'm not mistaken.
    solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: Duman dam 2020/03/31 11:13:22 (permalink)
    It’s in the Cambria County list for approved trout waters but if you go to the top and hit all year round list it is not in there. It’s closed to fishing right now but from what I been hearing is that a lot of people are fishing approved trout waters and nothing is being done so. I honestly don’t think the fish comm. cares right now. Heard people even calling it in and fish comm. saying basically who cares.
    bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    Re: Duman dam 2020/03/31 12:32:53 (permalink)
    solitario lupo
    It’s in the Cambria County list for approved trout waters but if you go to the top and hit all year round list it is not in there. It’s closed to fishing right now but from what I been hearing is that a lot of people are fishing approved trout waters and nothing is being done so. I honestly don’t think the fish comm. cares right now. Heard people even calling it in and fish comm. saying basically who cares.

You could be right. I'm old school, pretty much a black and white kind of a guy when it comes to following the rules, regulations and the law. It's either ignorance or a blatant disregard to the opening day of trout season. The former can be due to not checking the regulation's or just plain stupidity, the latter a case of people taking advantage of a situation for their own good. Shame on them! 

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."

solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: Duman dam 2020/04/01 12:00:13 (permalink)
    They should do one of 2 things this year. Open to all fishing this year or completely close fishing. I can honestly careless about those invasive trout that they stocked. I can’t even fish for Muskie right now in some of those waterways because of them closing it for trout. I do follow the rules tho.
    bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    Re: Duman dam 2020/04/08 11:57:34 (permalink)
    Drove by yesterday afternoon. Counted 7 boats and about 20 or so people fishing from shore. Most practicing the social distancing thinggy x cept a group of it looked like 4 Amish fishing off the wooden platform.  I don't know x actly what you should call it. I don't think it's strictly meant for handicapped individuals. Local stream only had a few people fishing.

Jump to: