Lake Erie - Walnut Creek

Author
Chris P 201
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2019/06/19 18:01:58 (permalink)

Lake Erie - Walnut Creek

Walleye in 40 f.o.w. watermelon harness was the ticket.

Just a heads up. If you are taking anyone to Lake Erie don't assume that they already have an Erie stamp.

Fishing out of Walnut with two young fisherman and pulled over. The two were unaware of the stamp requirement. Both agreed to go in and buy their stamp. Upon getting to the dock each were handed a $142 citation. The encounter was less than respectful or positive on the part of the WCO's including the Sgt on board.

After dealing with this incident probably fishing out of Conneaut the rest of the year. This isn't good for anglers, Lake Erie businesses or young fisherman.

Respect goes a long way and is a two way street.

2 Replies Related Threads

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3098
    Re: Lake Erie - Walnut Creek 2019/06/24 14:20:11 (permalink)
    Sweet 1st post!

Lake Erie stamp has been around for awhile now. PFBC makes it very clear a LE stamp is required in the rules and reg book that the agency publishes each license year. Also, the captain of any boat should check with his/her fishing buddies or clients that they are in compliance with license(s).

Ohio might not have a Lake Erie stamp, but you can bet if these 2 individuals go out into OH water without all of the proper required license(s), they too will get cited in O-H-I-O.
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: Lake Erie - Walnut Creek 2019/06/24 14:52:07 (permalink)
    Hard to believe people don't know about the Erie stamp needed for fishing lake Erie.... every time I bought a fishing license they always ask Erie stamp or Trout stamp or combo needed ?

Most violations on lake Erie are not given a warning it's a citation 99.9 % !    

I got one years ago for not having the updated flares .....I had flares onboard and mainly fished the bay only ...wondered out in the lake and found out I was in violation by being stopped and safety checked....I never knew they had to be dated ...cost me a few bucks but lesson learned ...my ignorance .

Now when I get stopped I hand them the outdated flares first and watch their eyes light up before I find the good updated ones ! ....lol 
    post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2019/06/24 15:04:29
    Jump to: