Elk Creek Walnut Creek Water Temperatures

Author
Pogel
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2019/05/16 09:20:33 (permalink)

Elk Creek Walnut Creek Water Temperatures

Hey guys, anyone know the water temperatures in Elk/Walnut Creek? Hows the smallmouth bite sofar?

2 Replies Related Threads

Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re: Elk Creek Walnut Creek Water Temperatures 2019/05/16 21:03:29 (permalink)
    No idea on water temps.  Still cold enough for waders and not warm enough for wet wading yet though if that helps.  

My boys and I waded Elk and Walnut last Friday afternoon, based on some decent reports I'd seen in various places online.  We usually give it one shot each spring, and I sure haven't figured out how to put a hurtin' on 'em.  

Each of us got a few smallmouth, but nothing huge.  My 9 year old had fun tangling with some big suckers and smallmouth buffalos.  My 15 year old got a few of those as well and found 3 steelhead too on his fly rod, but couldn't seal the deal on any of the three.  

We saw some guys in yaks working lower Elk over pretty thoroughly while we were there, and they were getting a few here and there it seemed, but not much.  Talked to a handful of other guys, and they all reported a slow day too.  

Might have been the weak cold front that blew through that morning.  Might have been a bit too early yet.  Might be that I still suck at catching smallmouth on the Erie tribs.  Or some combination.  
    post edited by rsquared - 2019/05/16 21:07:46
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3103
    Re: Elk Creek Walnut Creek Water Temperatures 2019/05/17 10:15:37 (permalink)
    Pogel
    Hey guys, anyone know the water temperatures in Elk/Walnut Creek? Hows the smallmouth bite sofar?

Nice first post.

Here is a link that tells you water data, such a temperature.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv?site_no=04213152
    Jump to: