Presque Isle bay salmonoids?

Author
Yahammer
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2018/11/02 10:56:45 (permalink)

Presque Isle bay salmonoids?

New to this site and just got an 18fter shallow draft...I'm planning on hitting Presque Isle Sunday 11/3...in the past I have seen boats in the head of the bay late fall , early spring...I assume some kind of steelhead bite? Can anyone verify this and is it going on now? Thinking of taking some flathead and shiners and dunking them in around the weeds..what about where cascade creek enters? Any crumbs of info would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

fallschirmjaeger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 145
    Re: Presque Isle bay salmonoids? 2018/12/10 12:17:32 (permalink)
    I can't help you with the salmonid species, however I fished the Presque Isle marina in November and caught a good bit of perch...some decently sized.  There were a LOT of bait fish jumping in the marina bay and I can only imagine larger predators were chasing the schools.  I know nothing of late season boating on the lake or in the bay, nor if boats are allowed in the marina area this late in the year.  

As for non-boat fishing, Elk was excellent for Steelies last week and we put a few up in the Walnut marina last thursday as well.  Good luck
    graveydavey
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 158
    Re: Presque Isle bay salmonoids? 2018/12/12 08:27:26 (permalink)
    The biggest brown trout I've ever caught was on Presque Isle fishing for perch. At least 6lb. ,maybe a little more.
    Jump to: