Regal Revolution Vise

Author
H3Fisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 340
  • Reward points: 0
2018/01/20 09:59:57 (permalink)

Regal Revolution Vise

Anyone use a Regal or Regal Revolution? Thoughts on it, any every issues? I've read about chipping and spitting hooks, but people say its mostly user issue.

I purchased a Wolff Atlas Vise 2 weeks ago, but I just can't stand the clamp on this thing and others like it. I thought stepping up to better quality would of changed my mind from the $40-$50 vises.. But adjusting it every time just doesn't work for me. So I'm looking at the clamp style of the Regal. My thought is pay now, and have a vise I can use for the rest of my life, then hand down to the nephew who's getting into the Fly fishing / tying game.

Was going to grab one on sale @ Fish USA, but figures SOLD OUT!

9 Replies Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/20 11:07:59 (permalink)
    H3 you must be a very avid tier and the Regal Revolution Vise must be a very popular vise, even Amazon shows some models being sold out with no certainty of restocking and other models as being one left in stock. 

Don't know if the following links will assist you with your question on reviews but I found them quite interesting.  I don't qualify as a beginner so a vise as such is not likely to grace my tying bench in the near future.  Hope you find the links useful, if not already viewed.

https://youtu.be/3cQHzXFSQlU?t=3

https://youtu.be/7t0HzDsAnSI?t=3

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/20 11:21:57 (permalink)
    I tie a ton of simple flies and jigs. Nothing crazy at all, but needing to keep adjusting every couple ties can get annoying. Thanks for those links!
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/20 14:16:52 (permalink)
    Yes sir you are welcome and ya know, some us wouldn't mind seeing pics of your work.  I do the 'buck-tail' thingy or a few ants and similar bugs and sometime try and combine the critters, which usually end up catching the trash can.  But it keeps me out from under foot and it's a safe thing to be doing when the Pens are losing.

Good time and tight lines.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/21 09:41:20 (permalink)
    I've tied on a revolution for the past 4yrs... and really like it

I tied on Dynaking, norvise, and a j vise previously... and they were either sold, or sit unused for a Regal
    Depends on your tying, and needing to get the right jaws - But i really like my revolution

one of the video links above is my video from 2 years ago... and my thoughts are still the same
    In the past few years there are now custom colors, accessories, and some updates (you can see my older vise in the video)... but functionality is still the same.

post edited by KJH807 - 2018/01/21 09:45:15

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/21 11:22:26 (permalink)
    Well there ya go!!! Not only watch a good video but hear straight from the producer himself. Hard to beat product reviews like that.

H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/21 11:56:07 (permalink)
    Have one ordered from FishUSA. Can't wait for it to get here!
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/21 12:07:25 (permalink)
    As for my tying skills, nothing great at all. But going to start expanding more this year. I'm mostly the standard single egg, woolybugger, jig tier. But picked up some of the lively legz, and started to tie some nymphs. 

Attached Image(s)

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/21 12:21:53 (permalink)
    Nice, I like the legs, I'm still using the old 'rubber band' material when I bungle my way tying ants and such.  Congratulation on the vise, we shall be waiting for your review and more pics.

H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: Regal Revolution Vise 2018/01/29 13:05:45 (permalink)
    Been working on getting those flies a big cleaner looking. Think I've got them perfected enough for me.

Attached Image(s)

Jump to: