13 Fishing

Author
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
  • Reward points: 0
2017/03/20 08:42:12 (permalink)

13 Fishing

Anybody use 13 Fishing gear? Saw the promotion where if you buy an Omen Black, you get a Creed K reel for free (minus S&H of course). I know they sponsor Dave Lefebre and some other BASS guys. Wasn't sure how 13's gear compares to other mid-range $150-200 brands.

1 Reply Related Threads

johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: 13 Fishing 2017/03/24 09:52:45 (permalink)
    I have purchased a few 13 fishing products the past few years. I have one of the Omen Black Casting Rods in 7'3" medium heavy that I paired with an Inception reel with 15 pound fluro, I use this for spinnerbaits, jigs, and lighter flipping/ pitching applications. In addition, I picked up a 13 Wicked ice fishing combo in light this past winter. 

Both reels have both been stellar, smooth drags, the bait caster casts a mile and is very durable, although I much prefer dial brakes instead of having to open the panel up. However, the rods are a whole different story. The ice rod worked wonderful for the first two or three uses, and then the night before a weekend trip to Tioga, I discovered that it had broke about the second guide down, just sitting in my sled for the past week. Did a bit of research, and found some reviews that said they had a similar issue, not sure if its a lack of quality control or a design defect or what. Also had an issue with one of the guides on the Omen bending a few times after normal use, I finally put some JB Weld on it, bent it back one last time, and it seems to be holding up okay. However, I will disclose up front that I don't take the best care of my equipment, so not sure if it was my fault or issues with the product itself. 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

Jump to: