Canada fishing trip

Author
Fishing Buddies
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2016/05/18 11:14:49 (permalink)

Canada fishing trip

Looking for interested people for a trip to Canada, Booking date July 2nd thru 9th, cost dependent on number of people, destination Lady Evelyn Lake Ontario. Currently 3 in party.    

11 Replies Related Threads

D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/18 14:13:31 (permalink)
    I'll only go if BeenThereDoneThat goes too.
    outasync
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 730
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/18 14:27:46 (permalink)
    My inlaws go to a camp up there every year. I don't think they have ever went a day without limiting on walleye and pike. Beautiful lake
    mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/18 18:43:40 (permalink)
    Sounds like a good trip , my buddy has a camp in Quebec , near Kipawa off of Hunter lake, he is heading up Monday, going for 3 weeks to open it up. Did 18 yrs straight with him until 2011 had a stroke while we was up there. Had to go 18 miles by boat to get to the pubic dock , had an ambulance waiting for me.. Spent 27 hrs in hospital up there and they got me back to the good old USA and spent 8 days in hospital down here....feel I very lucky so no more trips up there but yes the fishing is awesome up there.

STEVE.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/19 00:02:41 (permalink)
    D-nymph
    I'll only go if BeenThereDoneThat goes too.

Does that mean you're paying?   Hell count me in then!!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

icecube
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 63
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/19 13:51:13 (permalink)
    mopars0
    Sounds like a good trip , my buddy has a camp in Quebec , near Kipawa off of Hunter lake, he is heading up Monday, going for 3 weeks to open it up. Did 18 yrs straight with him until 2011 had a stroke while we was up there. Had to go 18 miles by boat to get to the pubic dock , had an ambulance waiting for me.. Spent 27 hrs in hospital up there and they got me back to the good old USA and spent 8 days in hospital down here....feel I very lucky so no more trips up there but yes the fishing is awesome up there.

Mopar, I have gone to Kipawa on vacation now for 33 years at least once a year if not twice. We stay at Alwaki Lodge on the way to Hunter Lake from Kipawa. Usually stay at the outpost cabin. Up at Lac Audoin going by Turtle Chutes. Sorry to see you don't still go.  I would miss it terribly. Love it there.
    mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/19 18:10:49 (permalink)
    Icecube.... Know exactly where you're at , you go by Corbeau lodge first , then Alawki lodge next ... Then hit the burial grounds , anyhow that is what everybody called it . Then on Hunter lake go down turn right to Echo Bay that is where my buddy's camp is ... If you go left then that takes you to Kipawa lodge ....yes it is hard not going up anymore but know it is the right thing to do. My buddy usually goes for 3 weeks when he opens camp up and 3 weeks in fall when he closes up camp , I used to go when he closes. I helped him build on to the camp , we helped another guy put a roof on his camp .... Yep it was like home away from home... Well good luck this year ....

STEVE.
    icecube
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 63
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/20 08:12:46 (permalink)
     Oh Echo Bay, Oh Echo Bay, Oh Echo Bay! LOL! I stopped there once when the lodge was still open. Was just checking out the local lodges then. I knew that some guys from Franklin had bought some camps there when they sold out. I have a buddy and his wife they go with my wife and I every year now to Kipawa. I think his Uncle use to go to Echo Bay after it was bought out. I believe he has since passed away though. It is amazing how many people locally go to Kipawa though.   You also got that right like my second home. Infiltrates your soul! LOL!  Sorry for hijacking the thread.

EMitch
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1033
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/05/22 13:07:52 (permalink)
    Fishing Buddies, I've fished Lady Evelyn on 7 occasions with my youngest and oldest sons. Oldest has been there 13 times, sometimes twice each season, Spring and Fall. If you've never been there before, Island 10 is just an awesome experience. Good lodging, 16 foot Lunds with 25HP Yamahas, excellent food, and the service is so good, it seems they just can't do enough for you.
    www.island10.com

Tell Ken you heard about it from Ed and Roger from Freeport, Pa. He'll know.
    Fatherof3fishermen
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/06/01 13:18:59 (permalink)
    Hello all good fishermen and fisher ladies,
    I can finally swing a trip to Canada for the family, the ****s are on the way, and I have been doing the research to find the right place.  I read about the island10 resort on Lady Evelyn Lake, but was wondering if anyone would like to share the name of a Canadian lake/resort where the fishing is great.  The family likes to bend the rod on bass, walleye, pike, and musky.  Thanks in advance for your response.

phishfearme
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 232
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/06/20 17:25:32 (permalink)
    with all due respect to north eastern Ontario, it simply does not compare to the lakes of northwest Ontario - just get a roadmap of northern Ontario - look where you see the most blue and the least roads - it's in the northwest.  yah, longer drive but we did 15 years of trips to north of Sudbury, kap, Cochrane, etc and have been going to various flyin lakes in northwest ontario for the last 20 years and the longer drive is worth it.  you can get a huge lake all to yourself.

I post annual trip reports on walleye central - Canada eh?  see:
    http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477586&highlight=kearns
    and
    http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365097&highlight=kearns
    and a video at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNpC3DAfs3w

to "fatherof3fisherman" - I would suggest searching the "Canada eh?" site for best options.

phish
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    Re: Canada fishing trip 2016/06/20 17:53:52 (permalink)
    We used to do Cochrane Air Services every year. Fantastic isolated fishing..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Jump to: