Helpful ReplyAnyone ready to kayak?

Author
we3jeepers
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points: 0
2016/03/10 10:30:24 (permalink)

Anyone ready to kayak?

Just wondering if anyone is getting ready to go kayaking now that its getting warmer?
Just don't forget to wear you PFD since you have to as the water is still super cold! Cold weather months are from November 1st through April 30th.

I plan on hitting the water as much as I can especially since early ice off this year. Only 2 things wrong with that. One: I ordered a Triton Kayak trailer and am waiting for it. I just got a Jackson Big Tuna and its still at the shop. Plan is to pick it up with the trailer if that doesn't take to long. 
Not sure how much fishing I will do before Trout season but I'm planning on hitting Chapmans dam on the 1st day.
I usually hit Kinzua Res, Tionesta res, and the Allegheny all year long. I have some bucket list spots I want to hit this year. One is Presque Isle.... I'm not sure if it will be the May 14th kayak tournament or not.  http://www.kayak-anglers.com/forum/thread-2016-western-pa-schedule
Id also like to hit a local to me stream that is usually not deep enough to kayak except for spring time and that is the Tionesta creek.
Another big one that I haven't fished since I was a kid is Conewango creek here in Warren. Id like to launch at the NY/Pa Border and see how far I get fishing it nice and slow. there are many fish to be caught.
Lets just say I'm very excited to get on the water and relax catching fish.... or getting skunked lol.

here is the only pic I have of my new yak so far.

If anyone is close to Warren or Fishes the areas mentioned let me know. Ill try to post up when I am going to be heading out. maybe we can get a group together.

we3jeepers
New Angler
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/13 22:26:21 (permalink)
Does no one on here kayak?

I went down to Wiegel On the Water in franklin and got some YakAttack gear tracks and some other stuff to add to my kayak when I get it home. I'll post some pics when I do

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/13 23:08:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby we3jeepers 2016/03/14 07:38:09
Yes, there is, those whom partake in the sport of "Yaking" and I am assuming they will soon, if not already, be coming out of hibernation and prepping their gear to venture forth and enjoy the "Pennsylvania Wilds".

There should be, in the near future, the posting on this forum by a group of "Yakers" wishing to float the mighty Allegheny River as well as the pristine waters of French Creek.

Hang around and join the conversation, sometimes we have fun.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8508
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/14 12:06:15 (permalink)
:)

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

solitario lupo
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 298
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/14 12:56:03 (permalink)
Got a sit on top so i get wet. Just waiting till it warms up a little more and then ill be out.
bassackwards
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 161
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/15 06:21:38 (permalink)
 I got mine all polished up over the weekend and waxed. It was hard to believe how many spiders had taken hibernation inside of it. I bank fished French creek on Wednesday of last week, water was in the 40 degree range, so still a bit too cold for me to chance it being I am always by myself. I might try to get out on Woodcock later this week if the cold front does come in. I love fishing big cold fronts for Musky !
we3jeepers
New Angler
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/16 15:29:48 (permalink)
solitario lupo
Got a sit on top so i get wet. Just waiting till it warms up a little more and then ill be out.

What kind of sit on top is it?
I usually toss on some waders and call it good.... but I have high seat so I dont get wet from the yak just from the paddle dripping
solitario lupo
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 298
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/17 15:04:36 (permalink)
my seat goes in so all the water goes my way. ive had it for awhile so it is getting smaller for me. i could throw on a pair of chest waders and get away with it but i just dont feel comfortable doing it..
smallie2
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/19 20:42:23 (permalink)
Been out a couple times on my kayak. fishing was slow for bass.
thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 933
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/20 21:00:44 (permalink)
I kayak alot don't fish out of it much but I do some crappy fishing out of it in the summer we float few times a week its nice

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
we3jeepers
New Angler
Re: Anyone ready to kayak? 2016/03/20 22:21:13 (permalink)

Still haven't decided if I like how I have the straps
Jump to: