Introduction

Author
pikie
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points: 0
2015/09/15 10:41:09 (permalink)

Introduction

Hello, I just joined this forum, and I always appreciate it when I see a new member on forums introduce themselves and tell a little bit about them. So here goes. My husband who is retired and I (semi-retired) of 15 years love to fish, for mostly pike, muskies, walleye, crappies, and sometimes panfish when we just want a little action. We pretty much live to spend a week of two in Canada every summer, going to the Lake Kipawa area in Quebec, specifically Lake Ogascanan. It is our heaven on earth.

We live not far from Wilhelm so fish that the most around here and Stoneboro Lake. We had a 16 foot Alumacraft with a 40 hp motor on it, but were limited to Stoneboro and Conneaut lake around here so we decided to trade it in on a 14 ft Alumacraft with a 20hp motor so we could fish Wilhelm and Pymie if we decided to venture there.

We live in the country and like the simple country life or at least as simple as it gets these days.

7 Replies Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Introduction 2015/09/15 12:32:49 (permalink)
    Howdy..............

I am the local, proverbial "Jack of all trades, master of none" that doesn't own a alarm clock who enjoys fishing, hunting and, more fishing.

I'm very much familiar with all the lakes (stateside) you mention as they are all located within 30 minutes (+/-) of my little piece of Penn's Woods.   As for Kipawa, by chance, do you follow 400 out of Toronto picking up 11 at Crown Hill to North Bay then continue on 63?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

pikie
    New Angler
    Re: Introduction 2015/09/15 20:18:28 (permalink)
    BeenThereDoneThat,

That is exactly how we go to the Kipawa area.
    mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: Introduction 2015/09/15 20:53:40 (permalink)
    Well Hello Pikie .... Glad to have you aboard .... I love Wilhelm but a little slow but I think it is coming back ..., ask BTDT .... Lol. Also like pymie too . Mainly walleye, bass & crappie myself but usually anything that wants to hit my hot & tots 😜

Hey BTDT yes I know that route to North Bay ... My buddy is up there now closing up his camp. Stay at the Clarion hotel in North Bay then take 63 to Tamisqumie ( spelling ? ) to public dock then 18 miles by boat to Echo Bay off Green Lake . 4 years ago .... Sept 20 I was up there with him closing camp as we had done for 17 years and I had a stroke at 9:30 am while we were out fishing. The guys got me out to the dock were the ambulance was waiting for me got me to the hospital , probably saved my life .....that was my last trip up there can't take another chance ....so anyhow ya I know that route well .... Lol

STEVE.
    pikie
    New Angler
    Re: Introduction 2015/09/15 21:05:22 (permalink)
    Mopars, Having health issues like that really puts the fear of God in a person. WOW! My husband has his issues. but he says he is going to keep going as long as he is able and what will be, will be. You are very lucky, strokes are serious stuff, but I guess I don't have to tell you that.

Your buddy is very lucky to have a camp up there. If we were younger that would be a real temptation, but not at this time in our lives.

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Introduction 2015/09/15 23:15:40 (permalink)
    Beautiful country to say the least.  Saw it frequently while 'trailer-trucking' for MHF; a company that was once based in Zelie Sam's little piece of Penn's Woods.  Sure didn't mind 'lay overs' anywhere (except customs) in Canada.  Geez, that was twenty years ago, my how time flies!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

pikepredator2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 953
    Re: Introduction 2015/09/16 05:59:07 (permalink)
    Before I lost my brother we used to make trips to Manitoulin Island, town of Little Current to stay at the Birch Island Lodge and fish for northerns.  Beautiful country, great fishing and I really miss it.  Made the trip back there 5 or 6 years ago with a friend of my bros who turned us on to that lodge in the first place.  Unfortunately the lodge went under and haven't been back since.  Really miss my trips up north. 
    mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: Introduction 2015/09/16 13:54:46 (permalink)
    Yeah , I really miss the trips up north with my buddy too . I did make another trip up there after the stroke but it just wasn't the same. Just didn't want to put my buddy thought anything like that again. In the daytime you are pretty safe getting back to main land but after dark not a chance. His camp is about 4 miles by water from the Kipawa Lodge , excellent for walleye & northerns. Oh well might not get back up there but have some great memories .... Happy fishing !

STEVE.
    Jump to: