Some questions about Conneaut creek in Edinboro, PA.

Author
Jonathan Karickhoff
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2015/04/07 22:12:50 (permalink)

Some questions about Conneaut creek in Edinboro, PA.

Hey Fellas....

With opening day of trout quickly approaching, I'm starting to put together my plan if you will, and I'm trying to decide where I will be going.  With that being said, I've really considered the stretch of Conneaut creek that is located in Edinboro.  I live literally 5 minutes from it, so with that being said, it would be insanely convenient.  However, there are bits and pieces of this creek that are protected for children under the age of 12.  The main reason for this thread is to basically establish if there are any others on this forum that have fished these waters, and know where it becomes legal again.  Also, now that you guys are somewhat aware of my location, could you possibly recommend any other good places within the vicinity?  Thanks in advance...Good luck on the water!    

4 Replies Related Threads

anzomcik
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: Some questions about Conneaut creek in Edinboro, PA. 2015/04/08 09:42:59 (permalink)
    I think you are referring to Mallory run, the out flow of Edinboro lake. Conneaut creek is in Albion. 

I have always heard its a grey area below the kids area its the area right at the outflow of the lake. Adults fish all up and down that section. So where the kids area ends and open fishing for anyone on private land (with permission) I cant say.

I know people get trout there, they are stocked, so they are there. It is a small creek and I am sure since these fish were just put there, they would be scattered with the major concentration at the outflow where the kids fish. 
    post edited by anzomcik - 2015/04/08 09:45:41
    Snag_826
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 411
    Re: Some questions about Conneaut creek in Edinboro, PA. 2015/04/14 09:33:00 (permalink)
    Went to school in edinboro from 2005-2007. The short section below the kids area down to the department store yields some fish but usually gets crushed by everyone in town. There used to be one or two giant musky lurking around that kids area, would have loved to see a youngster hook into one of those bad boys. Hottest spot back in those days was the old beach area by the cemetery on the lake. The sandy bottom used to lead straight into a weed edge. Used to catch A LOT of smallmouth...my personal best actually came out of that spot. I miss the hell out of living up there. If you are willing to drive a little north there are a lot of other good fishing spots.

"Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women!"
    Snag_826
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 411
    Re: Some questions about Conneaut creek in Edinboro, PA. 2015/04/14 09:33:00 (permalink)
    Went to school in edinboro from 2005-2007. The short section below the kids area down to the department store yields some fish but usually gets crushed by everyone in town. There used to be one or two giant musky lurking around that kids area, would have loved to see a youngster hook into one of those bad boys. Hottest spot back in those days was the old beach area by the cemetery on the lake. The sandy bottom used to lead straight into a weed edge. Used to catch A LOT of smallmouth...my personal best actually came out of that spot. I miss the hell out of living up there. If you are willing to drive a little north there are a lot of other good fishing spots.

"Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women!"
    beccawboyles
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Some questions about Conneaut creek in Edinboro, PA. 2015/04/18 09:50:29 (permalink)
    Yeah, I think you meant Conneauttee Creek. I live not too far away either :) I've fished CC right below the bridge on 6 that goes over, parking in the mall area. You can also fish the lake right behind the mall and a few other access points. Only thing I've caught at the bridge was gills and a few small perch, but then again, I wasn't going for trout at the time.  At the 99 beach area, caught a nice largemouth, and just last weekend some college kids had a 30" muskie. Admittedly I was really excited at first, thought they had a pike 'til I looked closer. Couldn't have taken it home anyway if it HAD been pike 'cuz of lake regs for the next few weeks. Anyway, I'm getting to know some of the fishing spots in the lower part of the county and northern Crawford. Peering at maps is half the fun :) 
    Jump to: