Author
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
  • Reward points: 0
2014/05/31 19:56:37 (permalink)

More Clarion River Fishing ==

MAY 29th =
Journeyed over to Portland Mills early this morning for some fishing. Water was a little high and colored but not too bad. I had a good 2.5 hours of fishing. I caught 1 Brown Trout, 4 Brookies and landed 2 Smallmouths.  There was a fair amount of trash from the high water and flooding up river last week. But I did enjoy the time fishing and the trash really did not effect fishing. It did "stink" a little though.... LOL. Took one photo of the Brown Trout below.

Made an afternoon trip down to Belltown, what a BLAST ..... countless creek chubs... 6 nice sized Rock Bass.. 1 Sunfish ...1 Smallmouth  and 5 trout. Fish were hitting half a nightcrawler and some were caught on wax worms.. Had a ball. Don't think I went 5 minutes without a bite.. missed a bunch also.... fished from 3 to 5:45pm .... Naturally it was one of those trips that I forgot the camera.... so no photos... saw 2 deer on the way home...

MAY 31st =
Fished the same spot at Belltown I fished Thursday late afternoon, only today I went after work so I only fished for 2 hours (5-7pm)
Appeared the Smallmouth were not hungry, did not catch any of them but landed 6 Rock Bass, 3 Brook Trout and again.. 1 Sunfish...Also caught another one of those ugly hellbenders !!!! Did NOT forget camera today !!!!

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2014/05/31 19:58:56

1 Reply Related Threads

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4894
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: More Clarion River Fishing == 2014/06/01 07:37:51 (permalink)
    Sounds like you are having a good time Doc.  Way to go.

Saddly, I have not yet touched a fishing rod yet in 2014 (except for a 4-hour deal on a business trip in FL).  What is worse is that I don't forsee a time this year, perhpas until the One Fly, that I do.

Keep it up so I can fish vicariously through you.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Jump to: