New St. Croix panfish rods

Author
fish whisper
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 529
  • Reward points: 0
2013/03/19 23:35:34 (permalink)

New St. Croix panfish rods

I've been doing some research on the new panfish series by st. croix looks quite impressive. Anyone already have one or hear good reviews?

7 Replies Related Threads

bcain
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 378
    Re:New St. Croix panfish rods 2013/03/20 00:22:03 (permalink)
    Whats the prices like on them? I haven't seen them yet. Where did you hear of them?
    TheBlueLagoon
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 802
    Re:New St. Croix panfish rods 2013/03/20 10:54:07 (permalink)
    bcain

Whats the prices like on them? I haven't seen them yet. Where did you hear of them?

Priced anywhere from $100-$180
    http://stcroixrods.com/product/panfish-series

Got Walleye???
    flyfisher2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:New St. Croix panfish rods 2013/03/20 19:44:01 (permalink)
    a buddy of mine that i trout fish with bought one last year to use for those pelletheads. i tell you what i was very impressed with the action and weight of the rod. if i would not use my noodle rod already for crappie fishing i would have bought one, i already have enough rods  anyway. but i do believe that you or anybody else that would purchase the rod would be very with it      

mark 
    rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2143
    Re:New St. Croix panfish rods 2013/03/21 20:44:14 (permalink)
    The 10 foot one looks sweet but it's creeping up towards G Loomis prices with only a 5 year warranty.

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    fish whisper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 529
    Re:New St. Croix panfish rods 2013/03/22 23:24:14 (permalink)
    Not to knock G Loomis rods but they have took a dump of late some of the rods you don't know where they are made. Actually most major rod companies are made by G2L now. But after seeing one in person today they are definetely worth the penny
    Mags00
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 593
    Re:New St. Croix panfish rods 2013/04/13 21:25:04 (permalink)
    They are pretty nice rods for the price. Only downside IMO is they are only 5yr warranty. Only thing I'd say is make sure you use a 1500 or smaller reel to kep it balanced out.
    Trout About
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1048
    Re:New St. Croix panfish rods 2013/04/14 11:24:59 (permalink)
    It's a nice looking stick for the money but I'm not a fan of the PacBay Minima guides.  I understand why they used them though.....to keep the price point down.

I wouldn't let the 5 year warranty deter you.  If it doesn't blow up during the first couple outings, it's not gonna break due to MANUFACTURER defects.  Anything after that is operator induced. (high sticking, impact damage, over-lining or exceeding lure rating)

Lifetime warranties are going to slowly start to go away because of the way people abused them.  People assume lifetime warranty means unbreakable or I don't have to take care of this cause I'll get a new one when it breaks.  Typically, this is all factored into the price of a high-end stick with a 'lifetime warranty'.

Kistler finally got wise to the 'game' the customers were playing and changed their warranty accordingly:
    "Here at Kistler it is our belief that we manufacture the very best fishing rods at the very best value.  And we back our rods with a ONE YEAR Limited Warranty against manufacture defect or component failure.  If within One Year of purchase (noted on your registration of the rod) your rod should break and it is clear from inspection this break was due to manufacturing or component failure, we will replace your rod with a new one at no cost minus shipping."  While I'm not a fan of their rods, I believe it was a smart move on their part.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't think 5 year warranty should influence your decision when purchasing a seemingly low end rod when much higher quality sticks offer even less.

Jump to: