Old Flasher

Author
fishinpreacher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2013/01/23 17:34:59 (permalink)

Old Flasher

Hi folks,I posted this on iceshanty also, but I thought I would post it here as well to see if any of you have any input on it.  I was just wondering what, if anything, any you might be able to tell me about this old sonar unit I picked up. It is a "Heathkit Fish Spotter" flasher type unit. It looks literally like it just came out of the box. As you can see it still has the original tags and owners book with it. I got if for $20.00 and an old closed face rod and reel combo from a gentleman on Craig's list.  It runs on two 6 volt lantern batteries, and it does turn on.

My hope is that I can use it as a backup or guest unit, or use this while my kids use my Marcum. My questions are pretty basic...

1) Do you think I will have to do anything special to use it as an ice fishing flasher, or is it going to be as simple as dropping the transducer down the hole and adjusting the range and sensitivity?

2) How much will it be affected by another flasher operating nearby (like with in the same two man flip over)?

I already i need to keep it from getting too cold or it will kill the batteries, but i thought if I keep it up off the ice and in a heated flip over most of the time it should be ok. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks. 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: