Spider Rigging For Slabs

Author
slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
  • Reward points: 0
2012/07/11 22:49:20 (permalink)

Spider Rigging For Slabs

Ok guys. I'm told that this is the ONLY way to catch large numbers of slabs. I'm a jiggin' kinda man myself. However, I'm always open to new techniques. So, I ordered some rod holders for my boat and I'm gonna try spider rigging. I have  a few questions though. First, how fast are you going? Are you trolling or drifting? What does your rig look like? What baits are you using? Any info for an amateur spider-rigger would be appreciated.

6 Replies Related Threads

slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Spider Rigging For Slabs 2012/07/11 22:53:39 (permalink)

slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Spider Rigging For Slabs 2012/07/12 20:04:54 (permalink)
    bump
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    Re:Spider Rigging For Slabs 2012/07/13 11:22:51 (permalink)
    Sounds like more work than fun to me. I will stick to jigs.Consider that here in Pa. you are allowed 3 rods per person,in some southern states you are allowed a lot more.Sort of like a floating trot line in my opinion.That said, I get a Crappie Mag. that explains the various methods of Crappie fishing & has shown how to set up your rig for this type of fishing, also gives reciepes in each edition.Plus there is a way that you can get your picture in a hero shot on the front of the mag. for those that need it.The mag. is {Crappie World} it was recently purchased by a new owner, I talked to him & he seems very genuine in his love of the sport. I believe it comes out 4 times a year & possibly 1 issue for gills also.It is available in most places that sell mags. or you can subscribe to it also.   sam
    slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Spider Rigging For Slabs 2012/07/15 17:26:00 (permalink)
    I tried spider rigging on Pymie yesterday and didn't have a lot of luck. I caught a few. I think that we did not do as well because of the wind and the waves. I can't wait to go back again and give it another try. I'm still looking for tips here.
    harv
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re:Spider Rigging For Slabs 2012/07/15 22:13:48 (permalink)
    Ok, what is spider rigging???? Is that where you got all the rods off the front of the boat and use your trolling motor to move around? I was at the lake Saturday, didn't fish just drove around, didn't look like there was to many boats out, and the lake is sickening low. Espyville launch just looked like mud, there is litterally only a channel next to the docks. Hope we get some water. 
    slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Spider Rigging For Slabs 2012/07/16 11:27:33 (permalink)
    harv

Ok, what is spider rigging???? Is that where you got all the rods off the front of the boat and use your trolling motor to move around? I was at the lake Saturday, didn't fish just drove around, didn't look like there was to many boats out, and the lake is sickening low. Espyville launch just looked like mud, there is litterally only a channel next to the docks. Hope we get some water. 

Yep. That's pretty much what it is. I just need to learn about terminal tackle and how I rig for it. I'm just using a basic drop shot rig right now.

Jump to: