Test

Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4891
  • Reward points: 0
2012/02/27 12:29:47 (permalink)

Test

I have been attempting to reply to the Volunteer Gamelands Work Day thread and keep getting a Server Error message.  I want to see of it is just that thread.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.

4 Replies Related Threads

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    RE: Test 2012/02/27 12:34:30 (permalink)
    Since this posted, it seems to be just that thread.

Here was what I wanted to post there.

It sounds like you have a solid project and a great plan.  I also thank you for the invitation.  If I lived closer, I would be glad to help.  However, I have no desire to drive hours each direction to work on a place I will never hunt.  I have a fairly strong rule of thumb that I adhere to which basically is that I will not travel to hunt or fish (or much of anything else for that matter) if the time to get there and return exceeds the amount of time I get to actually participate in the activity that I went there for.  With a two pheasant limit, that means less than an hour travel in either direction and more typically less than 30 minutes each way.

Good luck with your project!

RSB
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 932
    RE: Test 2012/02/27 13:07:05 (permalink)
    I know what you mean about the thread. I wanted to go in and edit it to where it read that the hunter on the last day of the season had seven pheasants up but it will not allow me to do it and I just get an error message.

R.S. Bodenhorn

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    RE: Test 2012/02/27 14:09:14 (permalink)
    I thought that is what you meant.  I commend you and your local help on providing habitat that will hold birds.

RSB
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 932
    RE: Test 2012/02/27 16:18:54 (permalink)
    Thanks! We do try to do what we can to make the habitat as conducive for both quality wildlife habitat and hunting opportunities as possible. We have had at least one volunteer work day each year during each of the past four years the area has been game lands. We have had volunteers come to Elk County from as far away as Dauphin, Luzerne, Bradford, Allegheny and Washington Counties just to spend a day working on the game lands. Of course we also have volunteers coming out from the closer counties too but many of them can also be found hunting there through the season.

I have checked hunters from all over Pennsylvania, a couple from Ohio and New York and even one from Florida hunting pheasants on this game lands. Some of the local hunters can be found working their dogs for kids they are mentoring pretty much every day after school throughout the season.

Many of those kids then come out and work on the habitat projects when we have the workdays.

R.S. Bodenhorn          

Jump to: