Snows

Author
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8504
  • Reward points: 0
2012/01/28 08:23:00 (permalink)

Snows

Are their any places to access them out east? Been thinking of a hunt in March.

4 Replies Related Threads

Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    RE: Snows 2012/01/29 11:16:09 (permalink)
    I checked it out a few years ago I'm pretty sure it was a $100 a day( but higher today) The guide I talked to didn't talk it up to much,he said to bring a camera and enjoy all the birds in flight and bring lots of 3 1/2 shells. When it got down to killing birds he said that's not what it's all about,if you kill a bird they are taken at extreme ranges 60 yards plus.It sounded like alot of sky basting to me and luck to put a BBB in ones head.If he would have said they dec in me and my 3 buddies would have made the trip out east.
    Triple B
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 90
    RE: Snows 2012/01/30 15:14:17 (permalink)
    We've been several years with James Creek Outfitters. I'm not sure you could find ground to hunt there that wasn't leased. Hunt success depends on the weather and the migration. Hard part is you need to book 6 months+ in advance and have no idea how the spring will go. We booked a little later date 3/17 this year hoping for more juvenile (= easier to kill) birds that alwyas come last. With the way the weather is this year I wouldn't be surprised if the birds are all past us and North by then. If so, these guys will refund and not take us on a "wild goose chase". Other problem trying this on your own is the need for a HUGE spread. We set 1200+ dekes last year and picked 'em all up at the end of the day. We killed a dozen or so last year that all decoyed real well. Heavy fog in the AM kept birds heading out to feed from being able to see us. Had 100's work us in the afternoon on their way back but they're tougher to convince then. We still had a few groups with reasonable shooting and a number of times we should have shot waiting for it to get better. Killed at least a few every year we've gone and done no skybusting yet.
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8504
    RE: Snows 2012/01/31 08:48:41 (permalink)
    Thanks guys. It would be fun to do from what I,ve seen on tv. If you go...knock em out of the sky..;)

fisher98
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Snows 2012/01/31 22:19:02 (permalink)
    Its fun, and then some.
    Jump to: