Flourescent Orange Question

Author
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
  • Reward points: 0
2011/12/13 17:13:39 (permalink)

Flourescent Orange Question

The Pa Hunting Digest states that a coyote hunter does not have to wear orange outside of any big game season (regular rifle deer & Bear seasons).

The Pa Hunting Digest also states that small game hunters must wear at least 250sq".

pg 41,42

There is also a note near the bottom of that section that states - hunter must wear required orange whenever moving during from 1/2 hr pre-sunrise to 1/2 hr after sunset during any season that otherwise requires orange.

Since small game is back in season until Feb 25th, it makes me wonder if I need the orange while moving from set to set.

Coyote is open 365/24. I usually hunt them at night or Sundays and never thought about wearing orange, but I have also hunted before in the winter daylight hrs sans orange.

Yesterday I was bsing hunting with a guy and he told me that I would probably get pinched by a WCO if he found me hunting without the orange during small game season.

Now I'm paranoid... and I hate wearing orange for yotes.

I am going to call the PGC tomorrow and see what they say, but I was wondering what some of you guys think.

(sometimes I think "they" write the regs in a confusing manner on purpose).

3 Replies Related Threads

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Flourescent Orange Question 2011/12/13 17:39:47 (permalink)
    The Pa Hunting Digest states that a coyote hunter does not have to wear orange outside of any big game season (regular rifle deer & Bear seasons).

That's one I'd follow.

I always understood it to mean orange during big game seasons only. But I could easily be wrong.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Flourescent Orange Question 2011/12/13 18:06:44 (permalink)
    There are times when the pgc, wco's, and the wording of the law seem not to agree with one another.   I have a tendency to ask the one who would potentially arrest me.  

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: Flourescent Orange Question 2011/12/13 18:11:41 (permalink)
    No orange from here on out. Good luck.

My rifle is a black rifle
    Jump to: