hunting help

Author
bigkev
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/14 17:42:47 (permalink)

hunting help

looking for help in finding a place to take a mentor hunter hunting he has been hunting a couple of years now and has never pulled the trigger on a deer yet. we live close to Erie pa and i just bought doe tags for wmu 2a and 2b.. 2 each i have a place to hunt the first day and then ill be headed to these wmu's during the week. i was on the game commish web sight and have found the game lands on the sight. i know the game lands up here are over hunted. not sure about in these wmu's. so id like to find a hunter that wants to help out fellow hunter and his young mentor hunter to have a successful season this year. just seeing them is awesome to him. would like to hunt a couple of days at good spots... im not looking for a guide or any thing just some one who loves sharing the hunting spirit... thank you

thank you so much for reading

Kevin

3 Replies Related Threads

wilbur_83
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 402
    RE: hunting help 2011/11/15 13:32:27 (permalink)
    Thats a tall order duud...2 weeks before the season opens is not really the time to be looking for a place to hunt. And knocking on doors this time of year on private property prolly wont get you much either.

Its not much easier down this way as far as public (game) lands. They all get plenty of pressure. Also try stopping at Raccoon State Park ranger station and get a map or idea on where within the park you can hunt. Also - if you happen to run into one of the WCOs ask them if there is a "green tag" areas close by. If I remeber correctly there is a few farms near there that are enrolled in the program. At least there used to be. You may find this info online.

Also this area is 2A which means no "girl deers" till saturday. Unless you find hunting in the "special regs" area.

Wish I could be of more help. It sometimes takes years before you are granted permission on private property that has decent deer numbers. You plolly know that already.
    bigkev
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: hunting help 2011/11/15 13:41:43 (permalink)
    ya i understand all that i norm don't hunt this wmu so it was a last min. thing and its for my son a mentor just thought some one would like to help a mentor out. as i do up here i take a few out my self and am always willing to help a mentor out. thanks for the info though
    wilbur_83
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 402
    RE: hunting help 2011/11/15 13:52:19 (permalink)
    PM sent...
    Jump to: