"Veterans Day"

Author
steely34
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1280
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/05 10:47:27 (permalink)

"Veterans Day"

This one sat in my vice for three weeks...and I struggled with where to take it. I wanted it to be different and with every idea I had - some worked but many didn't and I went through alot of materials with my failures. And I don't know if I did you veterans justice with it. Personally - I don't think I did because there are issues with it. But to all of you - those who I had the pleasure to meet at the One Fly and those who I may never meet - this is for you along with my sincere thanks for giving me all the freedoms I enjoy on a daily basis.

You all are my hero's and on November 11th - this coming Friday - my thoughts will be with you all.

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

4 Replies Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: "Veterans Day" 2011/11/05 12:00:00 (permalink)
    It is beautiful Tom... I know they say an artist is never satisfied with his work, but you have created a gorgeous piece to be proud of... again!

Some day, when I am ready to start tying, I know where I'm headed for lessons!
    mohawksyd
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 854
    RE: "Veterans Day" 2011/11/05 13:13:26 (permalink)
    Quite an awesome tribute...I'll say it again: You never cease to amaze.

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

ray126
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 238
    RE: "Veterans Day" 2011/11/05 15:45:00 (permalink)
    Steely,
    It has been over 42 years since I was wounded,and this and the one fly is the first time I feel like I was appreciated.Thank you my friend.Ray
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8500
    RE: "Veterans Day" 2011/11/05 17:16:35 (permalink)
    Beautiful Tom...this vet thanks you...you sir have a real tallent.. Lu man!

Jump to: