10/30/2011 Report - Burt Dam

Author
fishnbab69
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/31 12:34:32 (permalink)

10/30/2011 Report - Burt Dam

Made the trip up from Cleveland just for the day. Saw mostly male browns being caught with a few small females here and there. Started the day on the rock wall just down from the dam. Water was a bit murky with decent flow. Caught a few Browns and a ton of Salmon, no steelhead for the day. Only saw a handful of fish caught there, then moved up above a little to the faster water at the end of the rapids. Spent the rest of the day there as there were plenty of fish moving in and out. Pressure seemed lighter than I expected but not complaining. Picked up a couple on white sacs and the rest were all on either cream or peach sucker spawn and some blood dots. Was sort of surpised at the number of fresh salmon still around, hooked a few zombies as well. From everyone I talked to there that had been fishing the last few days and Bill across the street at the fish cleaning station they felt it was kind of slowin comparison to how good it had been. All in all a good trip, be back week after next for a few days. Did have a good laugh though, a guy in hip waders decided to walk right out in front of me and try and cross right through were I was fishing, I didnt say anything and just shook my head. The guys fishing next to me could not contain themselves and suggested he should cross up above everyone to be a little more courteous. After exchanging a few explicatives he decided to cross there anyway took one step slipped and fell in much to the delight of everyone around us. Water filled his hip waders so after he sloshes out swearing some guy was still laughing on shore and they start rippping their jackets off almost coming to blows. Gotta love Burt, if nothing else other than the pure entertainment value!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: