Liquid Lace

Author
SRflyfishin
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 43
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/25 23:26:16 (permalink)

Liquid Lace

Anyone have experience using Liquid Lace?
I'm looking to expand my tying supplies and was wondering if this stuff is easy to work with or just not worth the hassle.

I checked out their site and seen some flies that their pro's can do, but wondering if an amateur with limited experience like myself should even mess with it. Lol

3 Replies Related Threads

steely34
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1280
    RE: Liquid Lace 2011/10/26 04:45:30 (permalink)
    I kinda think it's OK but that's about it from my experience. . As far as the syringes - those you can get at the local drug store and you'll need some baby oil. Fill the syringe with the oil, put the needle in the end of the lace and inject till the oil comes out the other end. Tie a knot at both ends so the oil doesn't leak out. I actually did this on regular lace material before the "liquid lace" came out. What makes LL different is that their wall thickness is a tad greater than some other laces which makes it more durable. And the diameter of the hole is matched to fit a needle. I really never found that it increases the fish catchin but it can make for some nice bodies. Here's a tute showing it being used but not the process on how to prepare.....

http://forums.fishusa.com/Caddis_Pupa_Wing_Buds/m_296149/tm.htm

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

ray126
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 238
    RE: Liquid Lace 2011/10/26 13:53:05 (permalink)
    Steely,
    Posted 4:45 am,Go to bed
    steely34
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1280
    RE: Liquid Lace 2011/10/26 16:33:56 (permalink)
    Good one Ray. Just had to sign-on before I left for work......

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

Jump to: