Fish/Ski style boat wanted

Author
rush2112
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/04 18:39:05 (permalink)

Fish/Ski style boat wanted

Looking to purchase a Fish/Ski style, Deep Vee, 17'-18', aluminum hull boat.  Not really set with any manufacturer of motor or boat, but a dual motor set-up would be preferred.  Looking for a boat within the PA, OH, WV area if possible.

5 Replies Related Threads

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: Fish/Ski style boat wanted 2011/10/05 11:40:00 (permalink)
    I sent a PM with a few search links last night, I don't think he's been on since, because no answer to PM

Edit to add...
    he replied to PM
    post edited by Fisherlady2 - 2011/10/05 12:28:21
    rush2112
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Fish/Ski style boat wanted 2011/10/05 12:30:57 (permalink)
    Thanks for the additional information.  I was ready to purchase the Mirrowcraft that was on this site earlier, but never got a chance to look at it in person.  I'd say that I'm most interested in a fish/ski boat design much like the Mirrowcraft dual impact series.

Thanks to both of you again for the additional info.
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: Fish/Ski style boat wanted 2011/10/05 12:33:58 (permalink)
    Rush2112... a word of caution...

check with your local notary about transferring a tag from an Ohio trailer to PA. It may be a real pain or very simple, but go in knowing that PA is a PITA state for registering some out of state trailers. I don't think Ohio inspects their trailers, so it may be a hang up with PA to get it inspected before it can go through registration.

I went through that with a boat trailer I bought in NY, ended up having to have a certified inspection and all kinds of BS to get it registered in PA. Almost the same BS when I registered one I bought in NJ.

I'm not saying it should cause you to not look out of state, just be prepared for PennDot BS.
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Fish/Ski style boat wanted 2011/10/06 10:36:43 (permalink)
    She's right, PennDOT can be a major PIA. Make sure that you get a title for the boat, trailer and motor (newer ones anyway). Some states don't require titles on trailers, some don't require registration, PA requires both and it is a real pain to get one registered that wasn't at least registered in another state. I was actually told by my state reps office to lie and say the trailer was home built, I didn't. Ended up selling the boat before I got it straightened out, the guy that bought it just bought a junk trailer with a title and uses that plate. The trouble you'll find with most fish/ski boats is that they aren't really great for either. Good luck in your search...
    Jump to: