finally!!!

Author
frost
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 437
  • Reward points: 0
2011/09/13 23:45:40 (permalink)

finally!!!

Well I finally hit a field for the first time this year.  2 buddies, my girlfriend and myself headed out and set up in a cut oat field.  Needless to say there was NOOOO cover, but with the right wind and enough decoys we made it happen. 

We had a pair followed by a single about 10 mins later that came in on a string and that string ended with a wall of black cloud.  About 20 mins after the single we brought in a flock of 9 that just wouldn't commit fully, however when they changed their minds it was to late and 4 fell to the black clouds.  That was all we saw, but all in all it was a fun day and I definitely miss hunting fields. 

My girlfriend now refuses to hunt water for geese, she has seen the magic of hunting a field.  I will get some pics up soon as possible.

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!

1 Reply Related Threads

sstuffy
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 104
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: finally!!! 2011/09/14 19:46:44 (permalink)
    the fields are definetly the way too go having them right in your face in my opinion is the only way to hunt geese havent made it out yet this year cause of work but going friday morning to put on some miles and see if i can find the geese that were here earlier but seem to vanished then hopefully get a hunt in on saturday
    Jump to: