Mountain Lions????

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/07/24 14:18:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: gobyking

Your dad is way the hell out east in Altoona and we are way the hell out west in
bigfoot country. Bigfoot is reel. So is UFO's. Don't you know the bigfeet travel east from Salt Fork State Park in Ohio in the summer to western PA foothills? Get with the program,

I know bigfoot is real. I just talked to him. He said that cougars and UFO's are both in PA, and the game commission stocked both of them to eliminate the deer herd, so the car insurance companies won't have to pay out so much money for deer damage to cars. I may ask the unified sportsmen of PA what their opinion is, cause I bet they have a more believable explanation.....
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/07/24 15:50:33 (permalink)
Now-- if we could just get them to go after people instead of deer we could reduce the overpopulation and get gas back down to a buck fifty.
leadmen
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1001
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/07/29 10:02:31 (permalink)
ya i heard the same thing bigfoot travles that rout he vacations in ohio and goes back home to pa
tippy-toe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4334
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/07/30 17:19:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Esox_Hunter

Well I know this topic has been beaten to death and back.  But over the course of the past 2 weeks I have the same story about a mountain lion shot in the same area.  I heard the story 3 different times from 3 different people who certaintly would never cross paths.  The story was exactly the same from the 3 people as well, location, date, details all the same.  the claim is that on Bonnebrook road just north of Penn United in Butler county that an Emu farmer had several of his animals eaten about 2 weeks ago.  So the farmer waited out one night about 2 weeks ago and shot the predator....a mountain lion. 

Has anyone else heard this story???  I find it hard to believe that the people who told me lied about it but im still quite a bit skeptical.  Im hoping to find some pictures and such....probably not likely going to be put in a newspaper.

Thanks God he shot it , instead of looking at other options of protecting his heard....this is the mentality that caused them to become a rarity in this state in the first place..BTW it probably went for the farm animals cause there are no deer left

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/08/15 16:08:43 (permalink)
I have a few uneducated points. feel free to bash the hell outta them
1. with the amount of sightings from reasonable individuals, something is going on.
2. coyotes could have been introduced by the game comission in a secretive way, it would leave a bad taste in someones mouth if the pgc SAID they were stocking beagle killers-one got my last rabbit dog- in the state.
3. if the cougar, mtn lion-same freaking thing- is in Pa, it would have to have been brought in by a person, there was no migration- obvious I know-
4. someone, IE pgc, animal rights lunies, insurance co., would probably be resposible for the stocking of the animals. the only other possibility would be escapies or releasies of private owners who decide they do not want them anymore, which is perhaps the greatest possibility
5. trusting any form of government 100 percent is probably a bad thing, just ask the founding fathers of the greatest nation ever formed what they thought about trusting government<--this statement will probably get me on some type of terrorist list

again, bash, smash, and trash these ideas as much as possible!
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/08/18 00:52:46 (permalink)
Sometimes, all it takes for people to start seeing something, is for that something to get some sudden hype surrounding it. For example, some people I guided on the river last week, had read an article about bald eagle populations on the rise in central PA, a few days before they drove here from Ohio. When a red tailed hawk flew over them while they were fishing, one of them yelled "look there's a bald eagle!". This kind of thing is happening right now in PA with mountain lions. People started hearing about other people seeing them, then the next time they caught movement out of the corner of their eye, it must have been a mountain lion. Then we hear about another sighting. Then, of course, we blame the PGC for stocking them, even though there's no evidence of them in the first place.
post edited by thedrake - 2008/08/18 00:54:36
leadmen
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1001
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/08/18 12:15:14 (permalink)
mistaken alot peeps want to belive so they call it what they want ive mistaken youg eagles for lg red tales the white dont appear unti i think its 3yrs old and start mateing at 5yrs mountain lions rare seen a scramble along the road in ohio on rt11 it was a not a dog  it was a oddie whoo ive seen eggs less scrambled but not a cat
Fishtamer
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 235
RE: Mountain Lions???? 2008/08/18 15:34:38 (permalink)
I have personally seen 2 Mt. Lions myself. The sightings were at two different times & were not of the same cat. The first sighting was also witnessed by my wife. Both were in McKean County, near Kane.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: