Helpful ReplyTime to head west

Author
Lundking
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 214
  • Reward points: 0
2011/04/30 16:48:20 (permalink)

Time to head west

Hardly anyone looks at the Western Basin forum but oh well here it goes.

DFA Outdoors (LundKing and Mr. Twister) is headed for Oak Harbor this week for hopefully 4 full days of fishing. From what I hear the action has been hit or miss with the bad weather and poor water conditions. Anyone have any reports to give?

Should be the same old program, bottom bouncer and blades, and hari jigs if the jig bite is still on..

will give another report when we get back, hopefully pics will be added too!

Save a horse, ride a Lund

Friends don't let Friends fish for Trout (Stockies that is..)

Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
RE: Time to head west 2011/04/30 22:32:11 (permalink)
Good luck on your trip... wish I was going!! We haven't headed West yet, but figure one of these years soon we want to hit it up for the early season... would like to try some of the drifting bite I have seen them get into around the islands on a few tv shows.
Again, best of luck and looking forward to some pics!
eyeassassin
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 846
RE: Time to head west 2011/05/01 12:18:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Toonak 2018/08/09 04:00:37
try around the kelly island shoul (spell) the water in the firing range is muddy as ever but there is more cleaner water around kellys island. lat 41.38'34 lon 82.37'56

REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN YOUR FIRST BIG ONE WAS. TAKE A KID FISHING
Lundking
Avid Angler
RE: Time to head west 2011/05/01 19:04:06 (permalink)
Hopefully it clears up a little bit! From what im hearing better numbers are being reported the last few days. Hopefully we get into them!

Mr Twister
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 169
RE: Time to head west 2011/05/03 17:10:50 (permalink)
Its time been waiting and planning for months. Boats is packed and truck is loaded. DFa will be at it again.
Texcobb99
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 451
RE: Time to head west 2011/05/04 15:53:43 (permalink)
I would think this weekend the bite should be real good. Checking a few trusty sources to confirm. I will let you know if I find anything. If you don't mind, let me know how you do, I hope to be going real soon.

If I would have asked what everyone wanted, they would have responded that they wanted a better horse....Henry Ford
Lundking
Avid Angler
RE: Time to head west 2011/05/09 20:53:49 (permalink)
Well finally back after a beautiful long weekend at Oak Harbor. Problem was that the weather was the only good thing about the trip. Water conditions were lousy! Still very off colored and muddy. Temps were around 52 degrees, up to 56 during the day. We managed to pick up 10 eyes between our boat and Mr. Twisters boat. All but one came on hair jigs. We fished Locust Reef, Cone Reef, and the flats around L-can. Tried trolling Reef Runners with no results. From what we were hearing from other boats passing through the channel we we're the fortunate ones. Saw a few fish being caught but nothing to write home about. The bite should fire up soon! Its just too bad DFA couldn't have been there when it did. We cant wait to hit Erie, PA soon for some walleye and perch action! It won't be long. As Shelby Stanga from Ax Men would say.. HAHA HERE WE GO!

myself with two western basin eyes
[image][/image]

Mr. twister and I in the Lundking machine
[image][/image]

Jump to: