spring

Author
jman0998
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points: 0
2011/03/04 18:03:44 (permalink)

spring

With my lake being slushy and unsafe ice fishing seasons over for me. im itching for the ice to melt. anyone have any idea when it'll start warming up for good instead of just a few days of 40 degree weather

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he has to buy a rod, a reel, line, sinkers, swivels, hooks, leaders, lures, crankbaits, live bait, soft plastics and bobbers.

2 Replies Related Threads

eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: spring 2011/03/05 18:38:01 (permalink)
    Josh:

Nice to see you back.  Hope you had a good ice fishing season on Snyder's and it won't be long before there will be plenty of open water fishing down your way.  We are still enjoying some of the better ice fishing up this way and will be going back to Lake George on Tuesday or Wednesday.  More lakers, perch and fewer salmon on the King this year, but still an enjoyable year.  Just wish there was a little less wind up there, but that is a given when you fish Lake George.
    Hit Lake Lonely on Thursday and the wind was gusting there as well, but caught and released over 30 perch/crappies with just my jigging pole in only two hours.  No one around as the wind gusts must have kept the people off the lake.  Lousy weather for this weekend as well, but I'm off to officiate a girl's volleyball tournament in Herkimer Sunday - getting up at 5am so I can be there for 7am meeting of officials.
    Keep in touch.

Eagle Ed 

jman0998
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: spring 2011/03/05 20:24:39 (permalink)
    well snyders is a spring fed lake so ice fishing season is short.it seems like the crappie are practically exctinct on snyders, barely caught any. im hoping i could try to head up queechy lake because they have lakers and are close enough for me to bike to. But ive got 4 rods for freshwater fishing and 1 for saltwater all ready for open water. good luck at george.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he has to buy a rod, a reel, line, sinkers, swivels, hooks, leaders, lures, crankbaits, live bait, soft plastics and bobbers.
    Jump to: