The worst of the worst conditions!

Author
Finster
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 184
  • Reward points: 0
2010/05/20 22:53:54 (permalink)

The worst of the worst conditions!

I figured I would start this thread to hear a few yarns of the worst conditions that you have ever found yourself in while on Erie. Mine, I'm sure is fairly tame.
I have a 16' alum deep V. with (at the time) a 40 and 9.9 kicker. It was dead calm in August so I put in at East street and headed for the mountain. When I arrived, I dropped my riggers and started a long slow troll. After about an hour or so, some chop started. I was by myself and started feeling a bit on edge since I was starting to get rocked a bit. I decided to bring up the riggers and head closer to shore in case things got nasty. By the time I got both riggers up and my gear stowed, I was on my knees unable to stand in 4' rollers. In a 16' alum boat 4 footers are big. By the time I was under power and behind the wheel, I was in 4 foot whitecaps with the occasional 5 or 6 footer tossed at me. It was a long ride to the dock with a lot of throttle action going up one wave and down the next with waves crashing over my bow. I got beat up bad that day and my beilge was working overtime. I still felt like Ii was on a boat 4 hours after pulling out, lying on my couch at home. One ironic thing was that noaa (that I always monitor) kept calling for 2 feet or less to "calm".

1 Reply Related Threads

DaFuNK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1992
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: The worst of the worst conditions! 2010/05/21 00:28:33 (permalink)
    im seeing double!

"In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"

UPDATED Antidote!
    http://antidoteusa.weebly.com
    Jump to: