Round Lake Posted

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2010/02/21 10:25:45 (permalink)

Round Lake Posted

It appears from what I'm hearing through the grape vine is that the town of Round Lake has posted the land along RT9 including the boat launch blocking access to the lake. An ECO says he understands its in effect for the summer as well. The word is the owner of the house on the south end by the shore (across from Zac's) was getting complaints from the tenants about the traffic and noise on the lake and went to the mayor.
    This is wrong no matter how you look at it but shows that the access we have to lakes isn't to be taken for granted. Some people think when there are posts about garbage being left, ATVs where they are not suppose to be or gas augers being used where they are prohibited that people are being over sensitive; this can be the result.

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

4 Replies Related Threads

eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Round Lake Posted 2010/02/23 14:29:09 (permalink)
    This is what I was talking about when I mentioned problems with the trail into Lake Lonely.  Round Lake now and Lake Lonely won't be far behind with all the garbage being left on the trail and out on the lake.
    Come on guys let's protect our prime fishing areas by picking up after ourselves.  Each time I go in I come out with a black garbage bag filled with junk left by either ice fishermen or others using that trail to access Lake Lonely.

Eagle Ed
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Round Lake Posted 2010/02/23 14:45:39 (permalink)
    Here is a little update. My buddy fished Round Lake yesterday with no problem. He said there is a Posted sign off to the right of the boat launch entrance and a no parking sign on the hill going down to the launch. He also said there were sign poles up on Rt.9 but no signs on them so they may have been taken down.
    Just an added note he was catching pannies pretty good until they just shut off. He told to me he found out why a short time later; I asked "How big?" thinking it was a tiger or pike, he said "3 1/2 feet" I said "TIGER!" he said "No, eel" I didn't even know there were eels in there.
                Tight Lines...Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Round Lake Posted 2010/02/23 15:15:10 (permalink)
    Hi Will:

Not only are there eels in Round Lake, but hugh suckers.  How do you think they get those big pike and tiger muskies?  Check with New York Yank or Hook/Line & Sinker they will tell you about the hugh fish in Round Lake.  One day we almost lost New York Yank being pulled in a hole by a hugh fish.

Eagle Ed
    post edited by eagleed - 2010/02/27 19:57:49
    craveman85
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: Round Lake Posted 2010/02/23 22:44:31 (permalink)
    anyone have any friends with lake front property?  if i could afford it i would buy a small piece and let all the anglers park on my lawn and use it in exchange for shoveling it of course.  everywhere you go its getting harder and harder to find places to fish.  we could also all get on a small float plane and fly to the middle of the lake.  i wonder how the town would like that since your not trespassing if your not touching the ground.

if at first you dont succeed... blow it up.

you want organic? well then shut the &^$() up and eat a *$&#*( squirrel.
    Jump to: