Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
leadmen
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1001
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/01 20:19:00 (permalink)
realy good fishing but have a good running motor seen a few people dont care for the whirle pools ran out of gas in one tank wooooooo
,went back down the river fast u turn
Nuclearsteel
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/01 22:01:27 (permalink)
To shore fish this mighty body of water correctly (and efficently) one needs a centerpin and 13' + float rod. Use at least a 9 gram+ float with 8 to 10 lbs main line. 4 to 6 foot flourocarbon leader (6lb test if one is the sheriff of ballsville, go with 8lb test if one desires to be the mayor of vagtown). Sacs(trout eggs) and minnows work best. Green netting for lakers, pink for steel, and minnows for browns and/or lakers.

Fish can be caught with spinning gear but it requires a lot of tackle, as you will be tieing hooks and lead on ever few casts.

The other main advantage of float fishing is that you can cover ONLY 10 to 20% of the water with a spinning set-up that you can on a centerpin.

Hooking 20+ fish from shore during half a day is nothing when the water is right and one is jedi master of the center pin.

Most of the people you find on the PA tribs to Erie won't fish here because you cannot see the fish to floss them! YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO WALK AND FISH!

post edited by Nuclearsteel - 2010/01/01 22:05:09
Lucky Eddy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/02 20:24:35 (permalink)
Local web site for more information

http://www.outdoorsniagara.com/
bird dog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 524
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/04 16:16:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Ironhed

I was thinking about putting together another trip.
We'll see what happens.

Ironhed

Hey Hed - long time man. If you put a trip together let me know please. I'd be interested.
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/05 20:12:09 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Nuclearsteel

To shore fish this mighty body of water correctly (and efficently) one needs a centerpin and 13' + float rod. Use at least a 9 gram+ float with 8 to 10 lbs main line. 4 to 6 foot flourocarbon leader (6lb test if one is the sheriff of ballsville, go with 8lb test if one desires to be the mayor of vagtown). Sacs(trout eggs) and minnows work best. Green netting for lakers, pink for steel, and minnows for browns and/or lakers.

Fish can be caught with spinning gear but it requires a lot of tackle, as you will be tieing hooks and lead on ever few casts.

The other main advantage of float fishing is that you can cover ONLY 10 to 20% of the water with a spinning set-up that you can on a centerpin.

Hooking 20+ fish from shore during half a day is nothing when the water is right and one is jedi master of the center pin.

Most of the people you find on the PA tribs to Erie won't fish here because you cannot see the fish to floss them! YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO WALK AND FISH!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lyrical
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/06 01:43:16 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bird dog

ORIGINAL: Ironhed

I was thinking about putting together another trip.
We'll see what happens.

Ironhed

Hey Hed - long time man. If you put a trip together let me know please. I'd be interested.

BIG DOG, WHAT'S HAPPENIN'!?!?!?!?!?
Sent you a pm.

Ironhed
Steel Junkie
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 297
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/06 17:15:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Nuclearsteel

Jedi Master of the center pin!!! I just fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard after I read this!
bogdanfishing
New Angler
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/24 16:23:40 (permalink)
Good day! My name is Bogdan and I'm from Ukraine, the city of Kiev.
Go apologize for my bad English.
I want your friends to know what fish is found in the Niagara River?
We have a lot of fish in the river Dnieper, especially pike.

my site bogdanfishing.at.ua
bogdanfishing
New Angler
RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2010/01/24 16:30:27 (permalink)
I have my own fishing base, "Mount de Lux!
I am also the site administrator http://www.vershina.at.ua/, invite you all to us in the Ukraine! If there is a possibility.
We can spoymat large pike, perch, catfish, pike-perch ... and free!

my site bogdanfishing.at.ua
Oberooo
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: RE: Shore fishing the Niagara in Nov.(pics) 2022/08/23 04:29:47 (permalink)
The place is magical, I hope to have time to go there this summer
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: