Helpful ReplyDo you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3350
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 00:32:32 (permalink)
 Never bought a ticket in my life. Crap thought the tickets now are supposed to benefit the seniors, they should be livin' the high life by now.

If tropical & salt water fish enthusiasts (Cellar)(Basement) guys can breed & raise 'em ,way tougher more touchy than a fresh warm/cool water spieces, ahhhggGh*;:x((<<* never mind PFC = plain fruit cakes sometimes. 

crappy
post edited by crappiefisher - 2016/01/21 21:25:24
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 01:01:24 (permalink)
It's alright Crappie, just a reaction from too much sugar in the Kool-Aid.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

troutguy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 642
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 08:56:17 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat. get more waterways patrol officers on the water.

Yes!! Busting poachers on the Erie tributaries alone can bring in lots of money. And imagine if they put in a lot of effort into catching litter bugs across the state. So much $$$ to be made if there were more officers.

CAPTAIN HOOK
How about a $ 2.00 scratch off Pa. lottery ticket with all proceeds going to the stocking of inland lakes and rivers throughout Pa. ! I bet they would have a bundle of cash in no time ! I'd buy one every week how about you guys ?   

How about all proceeds go towards stocking sailfish in Lake Erie. That'll drive up the license sales!!! It's almost as crazy as stocking trout in some of these lakes lol

What the PFBC should really do is set up concession stands along the really popular access points along the Erie tribs, and heck even for the opening day circus. Just sell quick easy stuff........burgers and dogs, donuts, pop, coffee, powerbait, hot chocolate, etc. Another great money making opportunity if they had the resources/people.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1231
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 09:40:32 (permalink)
All great ideas but with one faul do you really expect those clowns to get up off their back sides put down the jelly donuts and work for a change?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 10:34:01 (permalink)
I would prefer,  seeing two waterways officers in a boat patrolling our waterways versus three or four biologist floating around with a welder in their boat, shocking and netting fish.  Speaking of sitting on their backsides, the biologist have designated spots now so, they don't have to spend too much time out of their cushy offices.  Do you really think those fish attractor's found in the lakes is intended for the angler?

Walleye Jigs,  speaking of doughnuts, every Bigrigger carries a box of those in case of an emergency.  If the bird-dog didn't point and ya got nailed with speed detection ya just tossed the doughnuts out when ya seen the disco lights comin'.   Second defense was to be munching on a doughnut as ya rolled the window down.  I preferred blueberry filled and just let the jelly drool down my chin as I mumbled, wut sims ta b th twoble offiscar? 

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

StewFc
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 550
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 12:54:54 (permalink)
You could have stopped after commission. I have ZERO faith, assign ZERO credibility, and believe NOTHING from any organization that is publically funded and is accountable only to those that also are employed in the public sector.
salpas1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 13:28:39 (permalink)
Brilliant! stocking Sailfish in Lake Erie! They could come up with a Sailfish stamp too that would cover the tidal waters of the Allegheny, Mon,  and Susquehanna Rivers and Charters Creek as well.
Dan
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 92
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 14:24:44 (permalink)
I am somewhat wary of wading into this conversation, but the Commission did just announce that under its acquisition program funded by the Lake Erie permit, it purchased more land and easements on Elk Creek to provide more access for steelhead fishing. The press release is here: http://fishandboat.com/ne...6pr/pfbc2016q1summ.htm
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/21 23:21:22 (permalink)
Easements are always good news for fishermen especially into the future of the sport. The Fish Commission is on track with this spending of cash. Hope it continues more every year, it's needed bad !Would hope to see open water access from the Legion up to Follies someday but I know I'm dreaming, but every little bit helps. 
dealinsteel
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 318
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 09:46:49 (permalink)
I agree that the easements are great, they are an essential piece needed to keep access open to one of the commission's largest investments.  It's great to see them mentioning things like "angler surveys", "assessment of use" , and "assessment of economic impact" in relation to trout angling at trout stocked lakes in the newly adopted plan.  It's also intriguing to see a mention of "market these unique fisheries to increase angler awareness and angler use" in regards to the Inland Lake Trout Program, which is something I feel they fall short on in many other high investment programs.  It's a shame to see that they received 75 comments about it though, in a state that sold ~460,000 Trout and Salmon stamps last year.   
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 10:52:59 (permalink)
I think it's great too and I hope the PBFC continues with the programs regarding the "trout programs" on the Erie Tribs.  The more trout stocked in those streams means the less trout they can stock and screw up water where they won't survive.  In addition, the PFBC can triple the price of the trout stamp in order that more land acquisition, easements and, habitat improvements may be accomplished.

Nothing would please me better than to see a program so huge that it requires 90% of the PFBC staff working on the project for many many years to come.

The more time and manpower the PFBC has to commit to the Erie tribs and the trout program means the less time they will have for screwing up the lakes, rivers and, streams elsewhere in the state.

If the trout group is willing to pay the way, have at it;  you would be doing a lot of other anglers a huge favor.

I'd even be for a increase in the regular fishing license to help the Erie trib Trout program if it would keep the PFBC the hell out of other lakes, streams and, rivers.  Umm, except the Susquehanna River where the state needs a fishery to keep the Bass Pros happy and a special project for John Arway.  But then again, bass is edible.  

D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 11:41:21 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
I think it's great too and I hope the PBFC continues with the programs regarding the "trout programs" on the Erie Tribs.  The more trout stocked in those streams means the less trout they can stock and screw up water where they won't survive.  In addition, the PFBC can triple the price of the trout stamp in order that more land acquisition, easements and, habitat improvements may be accomplished.

Nothing would please me better than to see a program so huge that it requires 90% of the PFBC staff working on the project for many many years to come.

The more time and manpower the PFBC has to commit to the Erie tribs and the trout program means the less time they will have for screwing up the lakes, rivers and, streams elsewhere in the state.

If the trout group is willing to pay the way, have at it;  you would be doing a lot of other anglers a huge favor.

I'd even be for a increase in the regular fishing license to help the Erie trib Trout program if it would keep the PFBC the hell out of other lakes, streams and, rivers.  Umm, except the Susquehanna River where the state needs a fishery to keep the Bass Pros happy and a special project for John Arway.  But then again, bass is edible.  

The "trout stamp" program money does not go to buying easements on Erie tribs.  That would be the Lake Erie stamp program.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 12:02:42 (permalink)
What ever.................

H3Fisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 340
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 12:04:19 (permalink)
90% of stocked trout are caught and released.

Per the 2015 surveys.

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 12:39:39 (permalink)
Licenses are going up. Senior Lifetime from 50 to 100 I believe, also some other increases. I don't have the article maybe someone can post it. Sad part was most increases are going for pensions and personal cost and not for stocking, just as others have posted on this forum. 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3350
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 12:44:16 (permalink)
 The land owners that have crick frontage mUp there might get smart & say "hey my neighbor gets 15 grand for letting a bunch ov hunchbacks fish why not me"  "I already do it for nothin"?? Snowball effect  == AVALANCH
Bt, Don't u bee eatin' that yellow snow when ice fishin' u noe/

It's all good.
crappy
post edited by crappiefisher - 2016/01/22 17:54:02
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9692
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 17:02:31 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Sad part was most increases are going for pensions and personal cost and not for stocking, just as others have posted on this forum. 

Even more sad part is, people keep voting for the morons that got us into this mess.  Thank you Tom Ridge and Republican general assembly for Act 9.  Thank the rest of you blind morons for continued blind support of these idiots raping our state.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/22 19:54:09 (permalink)
Really.....?

pgh_flytier
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 249
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 08:24:16 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
How about a $ 2.00 scratch off Pa. lottery ticket with all proceeds going to the stocking of inland lakes and rivers throughout Pa. ! I bet they would have a bundle of cash in no time ! I'd buy one every week how about you guys ?  

This is the best idea I've seen. Real gamblers have no conception of money and would spend with no complaints. It would probably need a change in the law because proceeds are supposedly directed to senior citizens. Seeing how much money people are willing to throw away gambling it seem like a great new source of income for the Pa Fish Comma.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 08:49:51 (permalink)
crappiefisher

Bt, Don't u bee eatin' that yellow snow when ice fishin' u noe/

It's all good.
crappy

UMMMMMMMMM...............  you sayin, those ain't free snow cones????

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 09:58:55 (permalink)
Porktown
CAPTAIN HOOKSad part was most increases are going for pensions and personal cost and not for stocking, just as others have posted on this forum. 

Even more sad part is, people keep voting for the morons that got us into this mess.  Thank you Tom Ridge and Republican general assembly for Act 9.  Thank the rest of you blind morons for continued blind support of these idiots raping our state.

Legacy costs, mostly due to defined distribution retirement was not invented by Ridge, but rather the labor unions in the '40's. They are the reasons many private sector industries like steel and auto crashed -- the legacy costs keep being passed on to the consumer, thereby raising prices to the point that they are no longer competitive.

In the public sector, whether it is via union contracts or trying to keep unions from forming by offering Union like benefits, including defined distribution retirement (and lifetime healthcare), that cost must also be passed on in the form of either higher fees or taxes.

If higher fees are not possible ( that would be the PFBC not being able to raise license prices) and higher taxes are not possible (the PFBC does not recieve tax revenues) then something has to give in the face of a basically fixed, if not declining budget. And that something is a shift in budget priorities away from services, like stocking and law enforcement, and toward contractual obligations like pensions and benefits. With only so much money to go around, something has to give.

And this isn't just a PFBC issue. Any fixed income ( either by market pressure or statutory limits) entity is in the same boat, pun intended. This is why cities and counties are going broke. They have a fairly fixed income base, especially where property taxes are at max millage. By law, they can't raise the tax do they either need to cut services like police, fire, and maintenance or they go through a correction via property re-assessment which raises older property values (last time my county did that was 1958, so there are a lot of undervalued, and therefore under taxed, properties), which in turn allows millage to drop (newer houses will see the same or actually lower taxes and older houses will go up, sometimes dramatically) so that there is room to raise millage for a period of time, typically 10-20 years, until it reaches the statutory cap again.

Nothing against unions or those that worked for their defined distribution pension (although I am a little miffed that it takes more than all of my federal taxes to pay my brother-in-law to play golf for the next 30 years on his department of Justice pension), but it is simply not sustainable.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 10:21:56 (permalink)
You hit it right on the head Dardy! Something will have to give.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1257
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 11:05:34 (permalink)
Porktown
CAPTAIN HOOK
Sad part was most increases are going for pensions and personal cost and not for stocking, just as others have posted on this forum. 

havnt heard of Milton shaap aka SHAFT how about fast eddie Rendell 2 of the biggest bandits ever in PA. Both democrats  Pittsburgh run by democrats ,Philadelphia run by democrats.so if you think of just the republicans as morons better look at the other side to.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 11:44:04 (permalink)
pafisher
You hit it right on the head Dardy! Something will have to give.

And it went right over the heads of some people who think all this chyt just happened cause they watch and listen to the talking heads for their daily dose of "in the know".

Good post Dardy's but I think you forgot a major factor when speaking of taxes and or contributions.  There are far fewer people working that contribute to any of these coffers.  In my book unions had little to do with the problem in as much as loss of jobs, thank you  Ending Present day America.

Hey speaking of TALKING HEADS....... did ya see the doorknob on CNN wearing the ski goggles giving a report on the storm. OMG what a hoot!!!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/01/23 11:47:39

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 20:01:02 (permalink)

WHHHAT??????

Somebody say something wrong???? 

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/01/23 20:02:20

FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2074
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 21:41:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby old dog 2016/01/23 22:10:13
Shhhhh
salpas1
New Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/23 22:50:13 (permalink)
Bro - In - Law has no guarantee that he will be playing golf for the next 30 years nor does any retiree have any guarantee that he won't be playing a harp a year or two after retirement. Many aren't that fortunate. Most people in Law enforcement have mandatory retirement after 25 years, as they aren't fit for duty at ages between 45 and 50. Many in law enforcement don't live to retire. Many are disabled even earlier. What does an enforcement trained retiree do when he's done with his tour? Actuarially speaking, those that die early help pay for the rare individual living into their 80's. (or beyond).
What is a man worth? What he can get. It's a very wise man that can count his days, much less to live them in dignity.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/24 09:07:22 (permalink)
He did computer sudits on prison systems, mainly from his office. The closest he came to any danger was the possibility of a nasty paper cut. So there was no mandatory retirement.

No one has the 30 year guarantee, but I bet he has a better chance of it retiring at 50 than at 62, 65, 67, or 70.

The point is, my wife and I both have pretty good jobs and he will collect more than we pay in federal taxes (and that is a significant amount) to do nothing. In other words, whether fair, just, earned, or not, 3-10 working people (depending on their taxes) will have all of their taxes go to support one person's retirement (not including his healthcare) while he gets to play golf.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
salpas1
New Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/24 10:33:46 (permalink)
Personally, I'd rather have a case of herpes than to play golf, we all have different ways to float our boat. I have to wish Bro I. L. a long and happy life and the dignity to do what ever he wants with his time. Retirement is earned, probably paid for, in part, with individual contributions but not always achieved by everyone. I have to think of the many workers that have lost expected pensions for a fraction of what they were promised after a lifetime in industry by the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation when their industry shut down or moved out of the country. They became collateral damage while management had a soft landing with their golden parachutes. Better to retire young and enjoy what life is left than to die in harness.  
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Do you trust the Pa. Fish Commission reports and programs ? 2016/01/24 13:24:07 (permalink)
Sal, do I hear that ! I'm one of those under PBGC from our local steel mill. 20 years of dedicated work and my pension pay is a "drop" of what should have been earned. We had a "corporate raider owner" (Victor Posner ) that destroyed our company and over 2,200 lives back in 1992. Your right, he and his family walked away with millions in assets any salaries and never looked back ! I heard they had to screw him in the ground when he died because he was that bent up from screwing people all his life ! 
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to: