Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 29 of 72
Author
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/25 12:45:22 (permalink)
Roygpa Clancy CH BTDT and all others that are out there catching them, great keep at it. I have been out of commission with my back for better than a week. might try Wednesday.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/25 12:54:25 (permalink)
Those Catfish like those Raps too ! Buddies caught 3 already at night.
BTDT , so that was you bobbing out in those swells last night !
I'll give you credit, I'm glad I wasn't the only nut out and about.....
I was on shore getting showered by every other wave ! Got some flashbacks of Lake Erie .   
roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/25 13:25:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby BeenThereDoneThat. 2016/04/25 15:33:46
Forgot to mention that a guy fishing from one of the docks just North of Orchard on Saturday from mid afternoon to 10 PM or so hooked 3 walleye landed two, and also landed a catfish and what he said were 2- 10 pound carp. He was using night crawlers.
Also one of my buddies hooked and landed a 21 incher and 23 incher (walleye) on Saturday afternoon. not sure where he was fishing, though, but I do know it was from a boat. He was a happy camper that day. Maybe he will see this post as he does checkout this thread every once in awhile, don't you Joe?
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 07:46:02 (permalink)
Gave it a shot again yesterday after work. First drift through produced one eye. As I made the second drift I was watching the storm off to the west thinking it was going to miss, then the SW wind went dead calm and then switched blowing the storm directly at me. Decided it was time to go, but it was too late. Man, did it put down some rain quick. By the time I made it back to Alcatraz I was soaked and the rain had all but quit. Saw a few large lightning bolts on the way in that got my attention.

As a side note, as I was reeling in my second pole trying to get the hell out of dodge I must have gotten shocked 15-20 times by my pole. Dropped it, picked it back up and you could hear the static crackling in it. Saw a huge lightning bolt a few minutes later. Kinda freaked me out. Glad I didn't end up being a lightning rod :)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 08:55:28 (permalink)
Crappie_Slayer, you were certainly in that situation where it calls for a person to crouch low, placing ones head between your knees and, kiss your asz goodbye.

Hope all takes heed to your warning,  "DON'T MESS WITH THE WEATHER ON THE PYMIE"!!!

Happy to hear all's well and you'll be here to fish another day.

Tight lines to all and to all, tight lines.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 10:04:15 (permalink)
BTDT, I've watched many storms roll up the shorelines of pymy, and had some great days as the fish would really turn on. Usually isn't a problem, but when they turn quick like yesterday you can be in for some interesting times. Never had anything happen with the static electricity like that before though. One of these days I'll wise up...
roygpa
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 10:30:16 (permalink)
Glad you didn't get zapped Crappie_Slayer. I've been out in some pretty bad storms, but haven't come that close to getting zapped.

-Roy
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 10:47:46 (permalink)
I've been too brave a few times. The closest was with the wife and her screaming at me it was time to go. The lake went from calm and flat to 4 ft waves and a total downpour just as we got to the dock. The whole lake had that static feeling to it and I decide to wait until it passed to load the boat as I thought it was going g to throw the boat onto the dock and didn't want to try to catch it. Since then I've learned to get off the lake long before the storms coming in.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 10:53:19 (permalink)
Until last fall, other than a day here or a day there, I didn't frequent Pymatuning.  But I do remember hearing, as a kid, (a few short years ago ) of how storms in the area would stall, back-up to regroup and, change directions without warning.  

While fishing the south end of Pymatuning on several occasions last year, I watched as storms passed over the north end yet, blue sky remained over my area.

I've been on the lake enough to learn that a wind of 10-15 MPH blowing in the right direction will create some hefty waves and make for a wild ride.  I can only imagine what it must be like getting caught in a wind producing storm, that ripped through my area around 3:30 AM this morning.

Tight lines to all..............

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 11:37:08 (permalink)
Outasync, my dad has told me a very similar story about having my mother out many years ago and it kicked up like that. She still doesn't let him live that one down :)
marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 13:42:07 (permalink)
treesparrow..I feel your pain... been out of comm for 5 wks w bad back...no end in sight....my wife wants to go this weekend but I don't think I can handle it.  best of luck to all...a few pics might make me feel better!

treesparrow
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 16:17:26 (permalink)
Marco, I have been hurting almost two weeks and I want to venture forth but feel kind of scared. I could possibly try tomorrow.
BTDT I have been on Pymy twice when storms that appeared to be winging by suddenly appeared to turn and come right at us.
Crappy Slayer Your experience makes me shudder.  
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 16:32:33 (permalink)
Yeah mine only will go if no rain is forecasted now lol she used to refuse in white caps too but after catching a 23 and 21 inch walleye in one trip her mind changed on that front.
mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/26 18:27:33 (permalink)
Yeah I'll learnt to respect that lake , had a couple bad trips with the wife just mainly bad winds & high white caps.... She hates the lake and will not go back out on it.... Says she doesn't need fish that bad , in fact she doesn't even like fish just likes fishing .... Lol ... Haven't been out yet this year , soon though, hopefully next week someday.

STEVE.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 10:01:35 (permalink)
treesparrow, got a cabin fri and sat... just goin out sat and do some drifting...I am in same situation..afraid my back will lock up on me while on the boat.  btdt or registered will hopefully come save me...wife cant drive boat..lol   gonna be interesting!
registered
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 10:09:52 (permalink)
marco
treesparrow, got a cabin fri and sat... just goin out sat and do some drifting...I am in same situation..afraid my back will lock up on me while on the boat.  btdt or registered will hopefully come save me...wife cant drive boat..lol   gonna be interesting!

Marco,
Good to see you're well enough to give it a try!
Maybe see you out there?

rob

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 10:23:04 (permalink)
marco

=================================================================================

BTDT ..........  WHO?

Marco, I wasn't planning Pymatuning Saturday out of fear of the Crappie tournament and all the doorknobs associated with such events.

However, you want to leave your rig at home and just give Pymie a try and see how ya make out, me and the Fish Hawk will gladly be at your beckoning call. 

roygpa
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 11:42:02 (permalink)
I volunteered to help out at the crappie tourney on Saturday. Not sure what I am qualified to do, but I am helping anyway. I will report back with the number of doorknobs I see. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 12:34:36 (permalink)
I thought it might be fun just to take some videos of the "doorknobs" buzzing by, close to other boats, or those wishing to wade in a attempt to enjoy some fishing and maybe some competition.  Doubt it would do any good even if those idiots did see themselves on 'DOORKNOBS' Of Pymie YouTube.

I'm sure you will enjoy and do quite well assisting with the tourney Roy.  

Good times.

opsman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 265
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 14:29:42 (permalink)
I do believe there are two bass tourneys launching out of Linesville Saturday also.  Could be a little intense there!  Might be a little traffic on the north end   Guess that rules out water skiing Saturday!

"Fair winds and following seas..."
roygpa
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 14:32:51 (permalink)
The crappie tourney is using the Pymatuning Lake association pavilion at the Espyville launch for the weigh in. Not sure but I think people launch from where ever they want. It might be fun to watch.  My boat is staying tied  to the dock until the tourneys are over on Saturday, plus I have to build a picnic table sometime this weekend.
post edited by roygpa - 2016/04/27 14:40:26
registered
Novice Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 19:19:28 (permalink)
opsman
I do believe there are two bass tourneys launching out of Linesville Saturday also.  Could be a little intense there!  Might be a little traffic on the north end   Guess that rules out water skiing Saturday!

Pymy must be governed by Ohio rules. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (happens a lot) but don't the PA regs prohibit bass tourneys until after the season opens?
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 19:42:05 (permalink)
No closed season on bass or any other fish on Pymatuning.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 19:50:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2016/04/28 09:38:07
btdt..registered and all others..thank you for offering...if you see a beautiful woman screaming in a black lund,,you will know that is me on the floor disabled...with that said..we put in at the ramp for the ohio park cabins.  it is about a mile south of the causeway on the ohio side.  we never had a problems w crowds and it is a great ramp w nice restrooms. the best place to put in if you want to fish the south  portion.  I was gonna head north cause chaunce has been doing great but that is where the crowds will be.  guys have been getting eyes south of causeway but its seems like you gotta have a good wind.  sat seems like a decent east southeast wind...perfect for drifting for eyes and avoiding the crappie guys.  sounds like I know what I am talking about...just ask btdt or registered..i have no clue...just my uneducated thoughts.  hope to see some of you there!!!..tight lines brothers..treesparrow..how did you do..how is back?  you gonna make it sat?

registered
Novice Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 20:11:34 (permalink)
chauncy
No closed season on bass or any other fish on Pymatuning.

There you have it. Must be governed by Ohio rules?
Thanks Chauncy.
opsman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 265
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 20:17:15 (permalink)
Actually not "Ohio" rules.  Pymatuning is a special regulations lake and the laws are agreed upon by both states.  
I would have loved to seen what it was like to fish that lake in 1937 when there were no motors allowed.  My Dad would tell me stories of he and his brother in law fishing the lake.  They had a boat equipped with two sets of oar locks so they could both row to make better time.  Talk about not wanting to get caught out in a storm!  WOW.  Of course he said they launched in the Linesville area and never ventured much past Whaley and Harris Islands.

"Fair winds and following seas..."
treesparrow
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 20:36:27 (permalink)
Marco and others, My trees came in that I get from the Game Com. Had to pick them up and start planting. It was to dry today to plant much as I had to water holes with the little water I had. Should have been planting in the saturated ground of a couple weeks ago.

I planted 1500 trees along a stream corridor a few years ago. Probably 500 lived and now the bucks are killing many of them every fall. Be lucky 100 of those make it. One year I planted a couple hundred and about 6 lived as it was a dry year, bucks killed 4 so 2 left. Why do I bother, I could be fishing.

Lucky I only have about 70 trees to plant this year. G,C. will give me I think up to 250 and I sometimes buy lots more. Fifty trees and dry soil is like 200 in wet soil. Super dry year and I lose most anyway.

Sorry, I guess weird post  for Pymy site. However this is why I am not fishing at Pymy.
post edited by treesparrow - 2016/04/27 20:48:45
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/27 22:29:26 (permalink)
Treesparrow I BTDT when I had more acreage.   PGC issued fruit trees to land owners that opened their land for recreational hunting.

If I did get a tree to get past being girdled by rodents during heavy snow, chewed off by deer in the winter, dying from lack of rain or, destroyed by a buck the next fall, I never got any fruit from the tree.  But, I never planted anywhere near as many trees as you have; geez that's a lot of work.

Now, I stick with a few Pin Oaks here or a Willow there (which get wiped out by blight) or maybe a pine or two a year........ Done.

Never a weird post when your talking conservation accomplishments, good luck this year with your project.

********************************************************************************************************

Ummm Marco, do I understand you have "no clue" as to the recommendations you make regarding fishing?  I find that hard to believe since, I purchased all that new fishing equipment you recommended!!!!!!!   Now he tells me.

Happy to hear your going to make it to the lake this weekend.  I wish you well and may you enjoy tight lines.

woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8505
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/28 11:47:51 (permalink)
Wind and more wind...is it ever going to be calm....lol
yesterday on jig and crawler managed two...brother caught a nice one..

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/04/28 11:57:48 (permalink)
Nice catch there Mikastorm .... Not wanting to fight the crazy weather , I've stayed home ...hopefully soon

STEVE.
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 29 of 72
Jump to: