Hush sunday hunting lawsuit

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 15:10:52 (permalink)
Dpms,
You can compare apples to oranges all you want til blue in the face and none of that will take back the fact the issue got crap-canned. Period.

Blacktop Charters
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 15:32:45 (permalink)
Ironhed
Dpms,You can compare apples to oranges all you want til blue in the face and none of that will take back the fact the issue got crap-canned. Period.

Very much true that the issue was dealt a setback. Thing is, the next chapter will begin soon enough. I look for something similar to how it played out in Virgina to take place at some point.

The interesting thing is at least several legislators that oppose SH wanted the lawsuit to overturn the blue law. They are now squirming a bit becuase they may have to actually cast a vote for the record. There are heavyweights pulling from both sides on this one.

You can talk to your blue in the face as well and it will not change the fact that you are a hypocrit when it comes to this issue. Period. Out there running charters on Sundays, making money participating in a highly regulated outdoor sport that in most states is regulated by one agency, telling others to get over it becuase Sunday hunting is illegal. As I said, the tune would be different if the shoe was on the other foot.
post edited by dpms - 2014/07/01 15:36:25

My rifle is a black rifle
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 15:46:38 (permalink)
DPMS-- I think your headed for the deep end on this one. Hunting was opposed by 80% of land owners and 50% of the hunters the lawsuit was claimed to be for. It has nothing to do with fishing, boating, mushroom hunting or anything else.  The folks who started the lawsuit did it for their own particular reasons and I suspect you are still pushing it for your own reason. When the folks it's supposed to be for don't want it---- time to move on.
Ironhed
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 16:11:32 (permalink)

You can talk to your blue in the face as well and it will not change the fact that you are a hypocrit when it comes to this issue. Period. Out there running charters on Sundays, making money participating in a highly regulated outdoor sport that in most states is regulated by one agency, telling others to get over it becuase Sunday hunting is illegal. As I said, the tune would be different if the shoe was on the other foot.

This conversation is somewhat ghetto with you repeating everything I have to say.

I still don't understand the whole hypocrisy thing?  WE ARE TALKING S.H. HERE!!!!!
We have been allowed to fish on Sundays forever and Sundays we have not. Period. And what does me making money participating in the sport of fishing have anything to do with SH?  I know, you're just digging/clawing/scratching...typical. I like the name calling too...classy. 
If they took Sunday's off of me tomorrow, believe me,I'd find a way to make it work...just as our forefather's have done with SH.
You fit the bill of today's society...want, want, want, easy, easy, easy.  Reminds me of crossbow hunting. lol

The speed limit, on most parts of I-80, is 65mph.  In Ohio, it's 70mph.  I don't like it but I'm over it. It is what it is.

HUSH was/is a joke.  Sometimes you just gotta take a swat on the ****, tuck your tail and find the door.  
post edited by Ironhed - 2014/07/01 16:13:33

Blacktop Charters
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 16:35:49 (permalink)
Ironhed
You fit the bill of today's society...want, want, want, easy, easy, easy.  Reminds me of crossbow hunting. lol

Figured that would get brought up. Classy! That Mathews you were trying to sell had more gadgets and gizmos on it than any bow I ever shot. I bet you hunt out of tree stands to and use laser rangefinders. Easy button, lol. As long as you do it the "hard way", lol. 

HUSH was/is a joke.  Sometimes you just gotta take a swat on the ****, tuck your tail and find the door.  

Not affiliated with HUSH or defending HUSH. My discussion with you was about SH and Sunday fishing to point out the hypocrisy that most are blind to, including yourself.

My job is easy. I have the facts on my side. The hard part is getting some of you to take off the foggy classes and look at them. Doc, as an example, keeps talking about hunting being unsafe. Overwhelming data suggests otherwise. Wayne, keeps talking about all of the negative consequences, yet there is no evidence across this country that is measurable to back him up. You just take shots and tell others to move on, it is over. 

post edited by dpms - 2014/07/01 16:46:29

Ironhed
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 19:26:37 (permalink)
You win.
I refuse to stoop to your level.

Blacktop Charters
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 20:08:49 (permalink)
Right off the HUSH website.  Who is kidding who?  LMAO

10. Question: Isn’t this issue all about deer, really?

Answer: No. Deer management is a separate issue, managed by scientists and an agency board sensitive to hunter and landowner needs. We are confident that an agency capable of turning Pennsylvania into the trophy hunting destination it is now will also be able to handle an additional week or so of hunting pressure in its overall wildlife management process
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 20:12:35 (permalink)
S-10
Right off the HUSH website.  Who is kidding who?  LMAO

10. Question: Isn’t this issue all about deer, really?

Answer: No. Deer management is a separate issue, managed by scientists and an agency board sensitive to hunter and landowner needs. We are confident that an agency capable of turning Pennsylvania into the trophy hunting destination it is now will also be able to handle an additional week or so of hunting pressure in its overall wildlife management process

I find that amusing as well. A "trophy hunting destination"? That is a good one. 

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 20:34:49 (permalink)
Does he have a TRIPOD mount for that Mathews ??

Talk about hypocrisy.
During the crossbow debate you (DPMS) kept telling us it was no different than archery equipment.
You are now shooting turkeys over 40 yards with a tripod mounted crossbow you don't even have to hold in your hands.
That's Bu11shi1 and you kinow it.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

dpms
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/01 20:44:33 (permalink)
bingsbaits
During the crossbow debate you (DPMS) kept telling us it was no different than archery equipment.

Apparently notes are not your strong suit either?

I said I consider crossbows archery equipment. I said many times they are the easiest of all bows to master and become proficient at. I said their effective range is similar to a modern compound bow. I said the similarities between a compound vertical and a crossbow are closer than than traditional equipment is to either. 

Every animal I ever shot was shot with the bow in my hands. I shot a few turkeys with a bi pod up front. Never a tripod and every deer was shot offhand except one doe and that with with a bi pod up front as well. 

So the only BS was in your post.

post edited by dpms - 2014/07/01 20:47:54

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 05:49:44 (permalink)
Ironhed

We have been allowed to fish on Sundays forever and Sundays we have not.   

Not getting into the SH thing, but actually for quite some time, you could not fish in PA on Sundays.  My father recalls that well.  Also, since the 4th of July is coming up this week, that used to be the end of trout season.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 07:45:59 (permalink)
DarDys

Not getting into the SH thing, but actually for quite some time, you could not fish in PA on Sundays.  My father recalls that well.  Also, since the 4th of July is coming up this week, that used to be the end of trout season.

Absolutely correct, Dars, and many are not aware of it or choose to ignore it. I believe prior to 1937, fishing was illegal on Sundays in Pennsylvania.

As is said before, if fishing was still illegal some of those telling others to "move on", "get over it", labeling them the "me, me" crowd, the "easy crowd" etc.... Would be singing a different tune.

Just as Sunday hunting is a non issue and accepted as the norm across most of this country, it will be here to with time. We have adjusted quite well to Sunday fishing, haven't we........with some of those opposed to SH here like Doc and Hed, even earning income off of fishing on Sundays.
post edited by dpms - 2014/07/02 07:47:08

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 08:17:02 (permalink)

Doc, as an example, keeps talking about hunting being unsafe.

Well I do mention the fears folks have about DEER HUNTING being unsafe.... I also point out situations that give those people cause for concern. Do I truly believe hunting is unsafe... as a whole NO .... but I can and do easily understand why many folks feel the way they do .... and a few unsafe folks make that "fear" appear year after year and allows folks to continue to have their fears...

and this thread was about Sunday hunting.. all I mentioned was some folks concern about the "walking in the woods" thing.. you brought safety as a whole into the conversation ...

You do know that fishing is more dangerous than hunting and trespass is as big an issue, yet fishing is legal on Sundays.......

regardless there are folks out there and they are MANY in numbers, that tell their elected official of those incidents
and the elected official is not about to get them even more offended by starting to throw "figures" about safety at them....

Now I would just love to jump on the 'deer hunting is safe... safe as can be  band wagon"... but here's the news from this PAST deer season....
My neighbor's camp, about 75 yards away, has a huge outdoor propane grill under his pavilion... VERY expensive..... it now has a bullet hole in it ..... try to tell him hunting is safer than fishing....

If gene lived in a much more rural setting he may understand folks living in areas like this and why they have that fear ...  I doubt Gene or his wife or kids has ever looked out the window and saw a hunter about 35 yards away with the high powered rifle in hand, looking for any movement that MAY be from a deer.......... I doubt his neighbor has bullet hole in any of they property....

as for the figures.... relating to accidents ......  Gene .. let's use my neighbor .....  what good would it do for him to report that hole in the grill .... I can't recall the PGC ever listing a stray bullet in a camp as an accident .... those type things do not even get reported for the most part... and I rarely read of anyone ever getting caught or punished for mistaken domestic animal kills .... they just walk away and the PGC can find no trace of them by the time they get there...  and what makes it worse.. the shooter know that and just leaves ......

Hunting to me is as safe as most things in life.. you can get killed or injured by doing many things, and damage can come from many things... but just because one has never experienced any of the "bad" unsafe hunting events does not give them reason to not try to understand those of us that have and why many do have concern and fear of high power rifles in deer season .. thus no Sunday hunting  desires... in fact I could get on the  let's just not use high powered rifles for deer, if it were not for the fact that I only have to worry about them for only 12 days a year and enjoy hunting with a rifle...

I talked to Senator Scarnati on Monday and told him of this conversation on SH ... he smiled and said it is a dead -horse for quite awhile.... he mentioned all the opposing sides.... and agreed in this area most citizens, farmers, and hunters do not want SH .. period ..... and it's more than a 50/50 split against it from everyone he has listened to..... and about the same split in the Senate...

Made it sound like it will not even ever come up for a vote ...... even the "yes" guys do not what that opinion
(think vote) "on the record" ..... 

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2014/07/02 08:19:27
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 08:27:47 (permalink)
Dr. Trout
 .  I doubt Gene or his wife or kids has ever looked out the window and saw a hunter about 35 yards away with the high powered rifle in hand, looking for any movement that MAY be from a deer.......... I doubt his neighbor has bullet hole in any of they property.... 

Doc,

I live in the area of the state with the highest densities of hunters in the entire state. Folks walk through backyards driving deer all of the time. PA study showed that shotguns shooting slugs are more dangerous to the public than high power rifles as well and semi auto is legal here for deer.

The facts absolutely do not back up your or others perceptions of the dangers of hunting. Incidents rates to non hunters are so low it is almost unmeasurable. In the meantime, real dangers exists and folks accept or ignore them and go on with their lives. I have seen you repeatedly say that landowners should not have to be fearful of stray shots on Sundays. If you believe hunting is safe, ease the concerns instead of fanning the flames to keep Sunday hunting from happening.

I am not saying fears do not exist. People are afraid of bats so they don't go out at night. People are afraid of elevators, so they don't ride them. People won't ride ferris wheels becuase of a fear of heights. Point is, fears do exist, but we don't exterminate bats, tear down ferris wheels, build more stairs, or not allow hunting on Sundays because folks think they are dangerous.
post edited by dpms - 2014/07/02 08:43:38

Ironhed
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 11:23:28 (permalink)
"with some of those opposed to SH here like Doc and Hed, even earning income off of fishing on Sundays."

Please find, and quote me, saying I am opposed to Sunday hunting.  Please.
You just love to judge others, don't you?

Blacktop Charters
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 11:41:09 (permalink)
Ironhed
"with some of those opposed to SH here like Doc and Hed, even earning income off of fishing on Sundays."  Please find, and quote me, saying I am opposed to Sunday hunting.  Please.You just love to judge others, don't you?

Pot calling the kettle black I see. Ain't I a member of the "me" crowd and the "easy" crowd? I distinctly remember the conversation about your favorite farm a few years ago when the topic came up.

Do you now support Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania? If so, sitting and watching from the sidelines, and telling others to get over it because a recent initiative failed or got "crap canned", as you put it, is a good way to never see it come to fruition like Sunday fishing did from which you benefit.
post edited by dpms - 2014/07/02 11:47:09

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 11:57:41 (permalink)
I can take Sunday hunting or leave it. However, if the law were changed you can rest assured that the yellow posted signs will pop up like dandelions in my, and surrounding, counties. Hundreds, if not thousands, of acres are owned or leased by Amish, Mennonites and, other families having strong religious convictions. Just some food for thought. God Bless America and All Who Keep Her Free
Ironhed
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 12:17:30 (permalink)
dpms
Ironhed
"with some of those opposed to SH here like Doc and Hed, even earning income off of fishing on Sundays."  Please find, and quote me, saying I am opposed to Sunday hunting.  Please.You just love to judge others, don't you?

Pot calling the kettle black I see. Ain't I a member of the "me" crowd and the "easy" crowd? I distinctly remember the conversation about your favorite farm a few years ago when the topic came up.

Do you now support Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania? If so, sitting and watching from the sidelines, and telling others to get over it because a recent initiative failed or got "crap canned", as you put it, is a good way to never see it come to fruition like Sunday fishing did from which you benefit.

I see the pros and cons. On the fence here. I can take or leave it.

There is 4000+acres here in Allegheny County that will be posted if SH were to come to fruition. I'd hate to see hunters lose that because it is enjoyed by many. This particular landowner is in the majority...does not want it.
Open land around here is about gone.
From everyone I talk to, the majority are definitely against.

Some of your "deep-throated" posts don't sit well.
You are part of the "me and easy" crowd. Don't have to judge. You write your posts, noone else.

Why do you keep bringing up Sunday fishing?
1937? Really? Reminds me of someone once floated a log down a stream so therefore it should be deemed public. Lol

Blacktop Charters
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 13:22:48 (permalink)
Ironhed
You are part of the "me and easy" crowd. Don't have to judge. You write your posts, noone else.

As do you. Yet you complain about judging, lol.

why do you keep bringing up Sunday fishing?

Both are highly regulated outdoor sports that have agencies responsible for regulating them using seasons, bag limits and regulations to protect the wildlife resources of a state.

1937? Really?

Yea. Really. And your comment kinda proves my point. If SH were legalized, our children would be saying "really" 80 years from now, just as they say "really" in most of the country when the topic of the few states that don't allow it comes up.

Ironhed
Pro Angler
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/02 17:37:02 (permalink)
There is some pride in NOT swinging from politicians nuts.
Tarzan-esque.

I'd be singing a different tune if gas was $6/gal too...but it's not.

Blacktop Charters
World Famous
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
Re: Hush sunday hunting lawsuit 2014/07/07 20:11:48 (permalink)
Some of the trout streams I fish are posted for 'No Sunday' fishing...WF...I dont fish them on Sunday.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: